Go Gators

2006 Governors Race  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Charlie Crist (R)
    • Tom Gallagher (R)
    • Rod Smith (D)
    • Jim Davis (D)

It seems some are more judgemental that others on things like this. There are going to be times when people do and say things we don't completely agree with, but we have to put ourselves in their shoes. To Nagan, and again I'm not a fan of his, the disaster in NO is just as bad as what happened in NY, despite the fact that casualties don't match. This might explain some of his comments and actions over the past year.

Im not downplaying Katrina at all. Its as much Nagins responsibility as anyone elses also. I guess since one was a NATURAL DISASTER and one was PLANNED MURDERS, it makes the sensitivity factor a little greater.

If I was Mayor Nagin, I would be in the 9th Ward everyday helping cleanup, actually serving the people whilke keeping my mouth shut, not giving New Orleans more and more bad press.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Republicans fear Smith a bit more than they do Davis. Was it just me, or did Davis look like a whimp the other night on stage with Smith... bear in mind, I was VERY neutral up until the end of the debate.

Geez - You travel and this place get's out of control.

The sad thing about the Dems is that neither candidate in that debate came off anything like they do in person. Smith is a lot more "used car salesman" in the flesh but sounded like robopoliticiantron and while Davis is a nice funny guy, in the debate he kind of smirked.

Don't get me started on Gallagher. He's a disaster. How many of the old folk here remember his little episode in the Capital when he held an impromptu press conference to discuss his personal relationship with a married woman? I looked today and while I couldn't find anyone talking about that particular episode, the Tampa Trib has a story that talks about his less than sterling behavior not that many years back. It makes me ill to hear him talk about "family values".

I still won't decide until the general (got to give those fools as much time as possible to hang themselves), but if the race is between Davis and Crist, I'll vote Davis. If it's between Smith and Crist, I'll vote for Chain Gang Charlie. If it's between Gallagher and a rattlesnake, that snake is getting my vote.

They are. Their debate was supposed to have been last night, but was cancelled due to TS Ernesto (aka not as bad as an afternoon thunderstorm). Both campaigns are working on rescheduling the date. They better hurry!

Sorry to hear that the second Democratic debate, which was rescheduled for this Friday, won't take place now due to scheduling conflicts with the candidates. :(

yea..."scheduling conflicts."

Where ya been Glenn?

Ha! :D I know, I know...I shouldn't have stated it that way GG, In a moment of temporary insanity, I was simply quoting the "official" (Ha) stance of the candidates campaign staffers. Thanks for calling me out on it...I'll try not to do it again. :D

Ha! :D I know, I know...I shouldn't have stated it that way GG, In a moment of temporary insanity, I was simply quoting the "official" (Ha) stance of the candidates campaign staffers. Thanks for calling me out on it...I'll try not to do it again. :D

lol I didnt mean it any way towards you. I just find it odd that in a race that close that a certain candidate cannot find the time to fit in a Statewide Televised debate. Doesnt make sense. If you thought I meant it by the "where you been Glenn" part, I wasnt being sarcastic, I was really asking!! lol I dont think Ive seen you around lately!

Hey GG, Thanks for missing me. Between my regular work & other campaign stuff I've been traveling quite a bit lately & haven't really had much free time to surf the web or keep up with our UP forum. Things should slow down just a bit after Tuesday & I'll be able to catch up on everything here on UP. Need to run now as it's a crazy day & numerous reports still need to be submitted to the State by this afternoon. Catch up with you later! :)

Hey GG, Thanks for missing me. Between my regular work & other campaign stuff I've been traveling quite a bit lately & haven't really had much free time to surf the web or keep up with our UP forum. Things should slow down just a bit after Tuesday & I'll be able to catch up on everything here on UP. Need to run now as it's a crazy day & numerous reports still need to be submitted to the State by this afternoon. Catch up with you later! :)

Which campaign do you work for??

GG, I've done work for several different campaigns (local & statewide) but the biggest has been for the Crist campaign.

You mean Gov. Crist? thata boy! :thumbsup: I talked to Charlie for a little while yesterday at the Gator Game in Gainesville. There was a lot of buzz around for him b/c he was giving out free water. Cheesy gimmick, but solid results!

You mean Gov. Crist? thata boy! :thumbsup: I talked to Charlie for a little while yesterday at the Gator Game in Gainesville. There was a lot of buzz around for him b/c he was giving out free water. Cheesy gimmick, but solid results!

Was he wearing his alma mater's colors?

I'm guessing not. :)

Mike

--

Bribery.

Call it what you want, but he was the only candidate there that was out in the ridculous heat taking the time to talk to people and give them something. Jim, Rod, and Tom preffered their air conditioned RV's I suppose. (Smith's bus was there, but no Smith.)

No, he wasnt wearing his colors. ;)

So Jim Davis has a 5 point lead over Smith for Dem spot on the ticket.

Gallagher steam rolled Crist by 30.

Almost scared myself there for a minute. Crist 64% - Gallagher 33%

Also the masochists ....ooops! I meant Republicans lead Harris to the slaughter with 50% of the vote to McBride's 30%.

Election Results

It will be interesting to see who pulls out the Davis/Smith race. At least the race hasnt been called for one or the other yet, it is entirely to close for that.

I will say that it is quite impressive that Will McBride was able to garnish that much support coming in that late in the race. You have not seen nor heard the last of him. His name will ome up again very soon.

Archived