28 Story Bldg for Bass, Berry?

MidTenn1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really hard to tell about details from this rendering. It is suppose to be around 400 ft tall. William and I discussed the fact that they are going to try a zoning change through the Planning Commission much in the same way Palmer has done for the WES. Richard can correct me if I am wrong but I think they would sidestep BZA. I am not up on the inner workings of Metro.

You are correct. The developer filed for Specific Plan zoning. If someone can tell me how to get the two renderings I have on this web site I will.

We have 500, 500, 500. Do I hear 6? 600?

Ok, Ok don't say it. I'll stop. <_<

Call me crazy, but I was secretly hoping for about 45 stories and 700 ft. Looking at that rendering, all they would have to do to achieve that would be to skiny up the tower a bit and maybe stretch the crown up a little bit. Then, voila, we would have the first buildling to begin to balance out the Signature Tower in Nashville's future skyline. What do you think?

I'm as curious to see the interaction with the Shelby Bridge as I am to see the crown. Hopefully, they've taken the opportunity to create something on the tower's north side that will be unique and take full advantage of the bridge which slopes to 3rd adjacent to the site. If Mr. Streuver can do something with his hotel and the bridge as well, as has been rumored, there's lots of things we probably haven't seen yet that will assure interaction between these sites and projects. I don't want to see SoBro filled with tall buildings, but creating a smallish "Downtown SoBro" wouldn't be bad, especially if the structures aren't armed fortresses prohibiting public interplay at ground level and multiple levels to the bridge. I can see how something fun and street friendly can happen here. I've got my fingers crossed that long term vision holds on this area. For the record, I want this tower, the Encore and its lil' sister, the Westin, but after that, we should probably cool it on the high-rises south of Broad.

Richard, I'm sure if the file sizes aren't too big you can e-mail those photos to Lexy or someone and they'll be happy to post them. I'd love to see them. I might not be around, so I can't do it.

Any volunteers?

Just noticed;

The rendering includes the ball park development, but excludes the proposed Westin or the Signature Tower. I suppose the feeling is the ballpark is a done deal, while the other two are just proposals. Plus the inclusion of those two 'controversial' towers would no doubt accentuate the dramatically changing skyline, which some people would consider to be a bad thing.

Call me crazy, but I was secretly hoping for about 45 stories and 700 ft. Looking at that rendering, all they would have to do to achieve that would be to skiny up the tower a bit and maybe stretch the crown up a little bit. Then, voila, we would have the first buildling to begin to balance out the Signature Tower in Nashville's future skyline. What do you think?

I think this building is probably wider because of the concerns we saw expressed in that Tennessean article a few days ago about office buildings in downtown Nashville. Businesses want a larger floorplate to work with and I think that's why this tower looks a bit "fat", lol.

I think this building is probably wider because of the concerns we saw expressed in that Tennessean article a few days ago about office buildings in downtown Nashville. Businesses want a larger floorplate to work with and I think that's why this tower look a bit "fat", lol.

Agreed... now if there wasn't a height limit, they could add condos on top to give it some proportion.

Well Hank, you know what my answer is to that. :D

That's a very good point about the pedestrian bridge Dave. It could be very unique! Oh and uh taller. :whistling:

I'll post the pics if Richard wants to send them to me.

I emailed the renderings to Hankster. They are huge files. He said he will put them on a link that can be provided here. That's one of the faults with our web site; that we can't put up bigger photos

I emailed the renderings to Hankster. They are huge files. He said he will put them on a link that can be provided here. That's one of the faults with our web site; that we can't put up bigger photos

I still haven't received your e-mail. Are you sure you sent it to the right address? Of course, if the files are as big as you say they are, maybe they're still in route to me. If they're really huge, they'll get significantly reduced in size when I save it to my Photobucket host, and I have no control on the final size. It's very possible they'll be smaller than we would like when I post them.

You could always reduce them down in jpeg format on Irfanview.

Lexy, how is that done, in case I get these files from Richard? If I can reduce them to just 2Meg each, I'l be able to post good renderings for everyone to see.

I still haven't received your e-mail. Are you sure you sent it to the right address? Of course, if the files are as big as you say they are, maybe they're still in route to me. If they're really huge, they'll get significantly reduced in size when I save it to my Photobucket host, and I have no control on the final size. It's very possible they'll be smaller than we would like when I post them.

Lexy, how is that done, in case I get these files from Richard? If I can reduce them to just 2Meg each, I'l be able to post good renderings for everyone to see.

If need be, email them to me and I can get them smaller. Its somewhat difficult to describe on the net.

If need be, email them to me and I can get them smaller. Its somewhat difficult to describe on the net.

I still haven't got them. Maybe Richard can e-mail it straight to you as well, 'cause I'm headed to bed. I'm an hour ahead of you guys and I have to be at work early tomorrow.

Again, you are correct sir. WTF are they thinking? They either need to redisgn quick or fire the illustrator. lol

Any clues as to what that block shaped structure at the base of the tower will be? If that's (what I think it is) parking, then I'd have a much harder time approving the above ground parking than the height of this project.

I've taken the day off. So I'm uncontrollable this morning.

After taking a second look at the renderings... and assuming they can be trusted for scale... I'm starting to think that part of the PR game in SoBro is to mention a minimum number of floors and downplay the height in feet. This way, the perceived impact of the project would be minimized at least as far as getting through the approval process.

I say this b/c the pictures look much taller than 380'. Also, the press for the Westin repeatedly mention the 19 story hotel... but I can't keep from thinking that this is for the portion above the 3 story buildings on Broadway. The renderings of that building continue to show a tower of 22 stories. Maybe they're betting that the reporters for the Tennessean are too stupid to figure things out. After all, when it comes to numbers, those guys seem to get flummoxed.

Any clues as to what that block shaped structure at the base of the tower will be? If that's (what I think it is) parking, then I'd have a much harder time approving the above ground parking than the height of this project.

This is direct from the press release from yesterday.

"Early plans for the structure call for construction of 22 levels of office space atop a parking podium that will hold approximately 1,082 vehicles. The site itself covers 1.6 acres, and the building is estimated to have about 451,000 square feet of rentable office space. If it receives timely approval, the construction would begin next year and be ready by late 2009."

The exterior would have vertical bands of limestone or granite and glass

Skyscraper... thanks for getting the images up. They were huge files I sent, huh?

Archived