Bellafont Development

mcheiss

Yeah I saw the big editorial today with Fran Alexander supporting lower building heights. Since everyone is so worried about feeling overwhelmed by all these 4-6 story 'skyscrapers' maybe we need to take this a step further. Maybe we should start lopping off the top of trees. I mean come on, I don't want to feel overwhelmed by some big tree that's blocking my view of Old Main. Now that I think of it Mt Sequoyah blocks my view of Old Main over on the east side of Fayetteville. I guess we need to level that while we're at it. Those towers on Old Main sure are tall. Maybe we need to cut it down to just the two levels. :rolleyes:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do raise a good point. It is good to allow all sides to 'air' their opinions. But I can also strongly agree with those opinions as well.. :lol: Someone had a hilarious editorial last year in the paper. Someone wrote it like it was someone back in the 1800's living in Fayetteville. He was complaining how all the new two story building and homes were ruining Fayetteville. Putting them in was altering the small town feel of Fayetteville and so on. If we had the same people living in those times they'd be the ones complaining about buildings like Old Main and so on.

Towns like Mountain Home have restrictions like that, only 2-3 stories. It's one thing to have that town feel, but another when it stifles good things. The same people complaining about buildings too tall there are the same ones that also complain when the town can't provide them with services because it can't afford to and it can't afford to because businesses and younger people either don't come or don't stay.

Towns like Mountain Home have restrictions like that, only 2-3 stories. It's one thing to have that town feel, but another when it stifles good things. The same people complaining about buildings too tall there are the same ones that also complain when the town can't provide them with services because it can't afford to and it can't afford to because businesses and younger people either don't come or don't stay.

Nancy Allen has pulled her 3 story maximum back since the council did not support it. It amazes me at how close it got to passing 4-3. I really don't see how our wonderful city has to get stuck with such stupidity on the PC and Council. At least this part did not pass but I don't think it will be the last we have heard of it.

The other day while I was driving down Joyce, I couldn't help but notice the the Mason's building looking, well, interesting. I'm no architect, but what is up with that building? Did they add some grey color splotches to it to give it texture and a worn look? It looks a little.... paltry, for lack of a better term.

The other day while I was driving down Joyce, I couldn't help but notice the the Mason's building looking, well, interesting. I'm no architect, but what is up with that building? Did they add some grey color splotches to it to give it texture and a worn look? It looks a little.... paltry, for lack of a better term.

The gray is now about gone. They have primed or painted over the filler stuff. I would expect a final coat of paint soon. Not too much has changed behind Mason's, I had expected more work on the frame behind it but not too much over the past week. The high chances of rain lately may have hampered some of the concrete work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some pictures of the Bellafont development. There are at last 4 new buildings going up now. So far they are the shorter retail buildings but there is one that could be the first office tower.

This is from Vantage drive looking NW. My guess is that this building may house the Mellow Mushroom Pizza Place.

471398951_9d3a159a77_b.jpg

This is just a little farther up the road, I am not sure what the first building is but the second is going to be a Day Spa.

471398957_04e27cbd02_b.jpg

This is Mason's looking from East to the West. It is very close t ocompletion and I would expect it to be open by Late Spring.

471398953_ed8131c674_b.jpg

the franchisee of Mellow told me their patio would go directly under a large oak tree at the Bellafont site. he was hoping the tree would survive construction. I don't think I can tell from that picture, but if you see a large tree over some patio space, that is the Mellow Mushroom building.

Thanks for the pics Colby. I've been out of town on vacation recently amoung other things and haven't had a chance to go by the site. I've heard that Mr Barber is going to be moving to New York City soon. I've wondered if this will have any effect on future Barber Group developments here. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Thanks for the pics Colby. I've been out of town on vacation recently amoung other things and haven't had a chance to go by the site. I've heard that Mr Barber is going to be moving to New York City soon. I've wondered if this will have any effect on future Barber Group developments here. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I've recently heard a thing or two that I won't repeat that makes me say this: Don't hold your breath on any of these future Barber projects.

I've heard that Legacy has encountered multiple problems and is basically sitting empty.

This Bellafont tower might not happen. But it also might.

I'd almost bet the farm Divinity will never happen in its city approved luxury-high-rise-hotel incarnation.

Again, just my $.02

:whistling:

Archived