Bellafont Development

mcheiss

If there isn't a Walton or a major corporation behind the development chances are it won't come to fruition. Large developments costing millions of dollars just are very profitable in little old Northwest Arkansas and the multibillion dollar corporations and billionaires don't need to profit from them.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there isn't a Walton or a major corporation behind the development chances are it won't come to fruition. Large developments costing millions of dollars just are very profitable in little old Northwest Arkansas and the multibillion dollar corporations and billionaires don't need to profit from them.

I know there have been a lot of pipe dream projects coming from developers around here lately but lets be realistic. Mason's is already up, road improvements already completed for the most part, dirt work and footings already poured, plumbing permits have already been applied for, and plats and restrictions already filed with the city/county. Nobody is going to move that far into a project without financing already secured to finish it out.

The retail village is scheduled to be finished around June/July. I would assume work on the tower will probably start around then as well. Strmchsr is correct in that nobody, at least in a market this size, is going to build everything out at one time. I'm sure if the retail or office space in the tower rents out faster than expected then construction would start sooner. And I'd also bet that second phase, behind the post office, won't have dirt work started until phase I is completely finished and sustaining itself or there is a serious lack of office space supply, which won't happend for some time.

Just curious but did no one else find the comparison the Dallas' Crescent at all interesting? Multi-story buildings with faux French architecture and Mansard roofs are just a dime a dozen in the south these days I guess.... :whistling:

Just curious but did no one else find the comparison the Dallas' Crescent at all interesting? Multi-story buildings with faux French architecture and Mansard roofs are just a dime a dozen in the south these days I guess.... :whistling:

We have been hearing that a Mellow Mushroom was coming to Bellafont sometime soon and it looks like it is finally announced. This will be the first one in Arkansas. They will have a 4000 sq ft, stand alone restaurant with 1500-2000 sq ft of patio space at Bellafont.

Here is the article from the NWA Business Journal: Mellow Mushroom

and their website: Pizza

Whoops- I did read those posts. The memory isn't what it used to be, I guess. So much info to read and so little retention.

Seems like all the big privately financed projects are proceeding at a snail's pace.

What's with the Mason's building exterior? I thought it was finished, but now it looks speckled.

Mansard roofs, external speckles, holes, and paint... what's this place gonna look like in 10-20 years? Someone who knows architecture and construction please tell me this large development is being done well with high quality elements and Fayetteville will be proud of it in 2015 and 2035, and beyond.

????

Mansard roofs, external speckles, holes, and paint... what's this place gonna look like in 10-20 years? Someone who knows architecture and construction please tell me this large development is being done well with high quality elements and Fayetteville will be proud of it in 2015 and 2035, and beyond.

????

They had some pretty good updates on Joyce Blvd and developments in the Times. They said that the retail village portion of Bellafont has preleased up to 45% of the available space and the first office tower was preleased over 50% now. They hope to get started on it as soon as the engineering gets finished.

I believe they said that the land across from Bellafont that Barber owns was going to be called Bellafont Office Park. There are already plans for Arvest, and a Bank of the Ozarks, as well as many 2 story office buildings.

I also posted this on the East Joyce development thread.

They had some pretty good updates on Joyce Blvd and developments in the Times. They said that the retail village portion of Bellafont has preleased up to 45% of the available space and the first office tower was preleased over 50% now. They hope to get started on it as soon as the engineering gets finished.

I believe they said that the land across from Bellafont that Barber owns was going to be called Bellafont Office Park. There are already plans for Arvest, and a Bank of the Ozarks, as well as many 2 story office buildings.

Archived