Bellafont Development

mcheiss

I really don't think that it is showing Mason's or most of the project. These are just some of the larger portions of the entire development. Mason's will have the same architectural style as these buildings. Most or all of the buildings will look somewhat close to these renderings it should be just the interior that will be built out to the tenants needs.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I saw that balcony also. But I'm not so sure if it will be open to the public or not. Most of that building will be offices. It would seem to me if they're going to have some sort of observation point they would have made it bigger. Looks like you can only get a few people out there at a time.

Yeah I saw that balcony also. But I'm not so sure if it will be open to the public or not. Most of that building will be offices. It would seem to me if they're going to have some sort of observation point they would have made it bigger. Looks like you can only get a few people out there at a time.

I believe we've discussed what that piece of land with the Barber Group sign is on the south side of Joyce. Looks like there's a hearing on it at the beginning of February at the Planning Commission. It's labeled as Bellafont II A. I guess I had always assumed Bellafont was only going to be on the northside of Joyce. This piece of land is just across the street from the Post Office.

bellafontconstruction04gf7.jpg

It looks like they put this sign in the wrong place. They finally updated the agenda for the next PC meeting but it did not mention this large lot south of Joyce. It was for part of the original Bellafont Phase II, located west of Vantage and North of Joyce. They are subdividing into 7 more commercial lots. So I guess we still don't know what Barber is going to do with the land south of Joyce that is currently being developed.

Here is the link:Bellafont II A

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't have my camera with me to take any pics but I drove by the site the other day. I was surprised to see how far along it's come. The building that I'm assuming will be Mason's looks like it's finished on the exterior. Can't wait till they start on the tower.

Yuck... this style with pseudo mansard roofs is one of my least favorite and I can't believe there will be a whole collection of significant buildings in the same style. I hope together they end up being more attractive then the renderings. (Hey isn't that a lighter version of the same blah color as Legacy?)

Are any other communities bringing back this style?

Here's a pic of the future Mason's location. This is Building A in the Bellefont development. I noticed it looked like there were getting some forms up to start putting in concrete in another location on the site.

I'm telling you, now that I look at this again, my theory about the inspiration for the Barber Group's projects being rooted in Dallas is making more and more sense.

Here's a pic of the Crescent in Dallas. Look familiar?

istockphoto_698505_dallas_hotel_courtyard.jpg

And here's the rendering for Bellafont:

bellafontnorthca8.jpg

Overall I like this project. Partially because there really isn't a context to respect in that part of town. It will be the nicest looking thing on Joyce by far. It blows away the Lindsey wedding cake brick/glass 80s time warp building.

I drove by there the other day, and I decided to get a closer look at the construction site. Looks like the form is for a retaining wall for the other building location. But I didn't see any foundation work, just some grading. No steel, nothing else there. I wonder if the site will just sit there for a while, like Renaissance... or maybe longer than a while.

I'm telling you, now that I look at this again, my theory about the inspiration for the Barber Group's projects being rooted in Dallas is making more and more sense.

Here's a pic of the Crescent in Dallas. Look familiar?

istockphoto_698505_dallas_hotel_courtyard.jpg

And here's the rendering for Bellafont:

bellafontnorthca8.jpg

Overall I like this project. Partially because there really isn't a context to respect in that part of town. It will be the nicest looking thing on Joyce by far. It blows away the Lindsey wedding cake brick/glass 80s time warp building.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I do know one thing that's been holding back some construction. For concrete you have to have certain temps and our cold weather hasn't helped. But now that things are warming up I would expect more construction to get going here and other developments as well.

Archived