Bellafont Development

mcheiss

I noticed that the roof framing is up on one of the retail buildings this week. I believe they are installing windows as well. This is the retail building that has the big tree next to it, on Vantage.

This is the first sign of work on this project in at least 4 months.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The 11 acres behind the post office on Joyce Bvld. was cited as a possible expansion space for the county. This must be the Bellafont land across Vantage that slated for the other 3 multistory buildings in this development. it is priced at $7 milllion according to the NWA times. I figured this was the case a while back but this was the first time I had seen it reported in the media.

The 11 acres behind the post office on Joyce Bvld. was cited as a possible expansion space for the county. This must be the Bellafont land across Vantage that slated for the other 3 multistory buildings in this development. it is priced at $7 milllion according to the NWA times. I figured this was the case a while back but this was the first time I had seen it reported in the media.

• 1 month later...

Work has been steady on the 1/2 done buildings that Barber started last year. The Mellow Mushroom has applied for a permit through the health department even. So I guess they will open later this year. At least one project is beginning to slowly move forward.

Work has been steady on the 1/2 done buildings that Barber started last year. The Mellow Mushroom has applied for a permit through the health department even. So I guess they will open later this year. At least one project is beginning to slowly move forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Work has been steady at the Bellafont site for the past few months. Many of the unfinished buildings are nearing completion. The Mellow Mushroom restaurant now has signs up on the side of the building. I am surprised they stuck with that location for so long. There are many other options for restaurant space in the area, I wonder what makes that one so special.

Work has been steady at the Bellafont site for the past few months. Many of the unfinished buildings are nearing completion. The Mellow Mushroom restaurant now has signs up on the side of the building. I am surprised they stuck with that location for so long. There are many other options for restaurant space in the area, I wonder what makes that one so special.

• 7 months later...
Yes, parts of this project are still going forward. The two 16 story condo buildings are not going to be built anytime soon but Im not sure about the 10 to 12 story office buildings. There are many 1 story buildings including Masons and the Mellow Mushroom that are open and doing very well. Another building has a sign saying that Firehouse Subs is coming soon. It is located right behind Masons.

Considering that Commerce Park (or whatever Dixie's former office building is called) at the corner of Joyce and Old Missouri Rd is still majority vacant, I see no unmet demand for Class A office space in north Fayetteville. I can't imagine a multi-story office building being built at Bellafont anytime in the next 2-3 years. The condos were just a ridiculous megalomaniacal fantasy, and would have never sold.

It would have been cool to see them built, though.

Archived