Lagniappe

NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that I don't think is right is the population stats. It says that New Orleans population was 559,770, Baton Rouge 294,394 :huh: , and Shreveport 185,711.

I couldn't find any population stats from 1978, but I found them from the official 1980 census:

New Orleans- 557,515

Baton Rouge- 219,419

Shreveport- 205,820

Is Saks Fifth Avenue an upscale store?

Yes, extremely upscale from what I've always experienced. There are only about 13 locations across the entire country, one of which is located in the Shops at Canal Place along Canal Street in downtown New Orleans.

Thanks Nate. Wow, only 13 ?! :blink:

Also, could you tell me what a Belk is like?

You know I should know more about what a Belk is like. We have one in my metro and I know of at least one other in my state. There's probably another one at least. The ones I've seen have given me the impression they're like a small department store.

Belk's are all over the place in metro New Orleans, and I know I've seen a few of them around Baton Rouge as well. I've only spent a small amount of time in Belk stores, but I think they are fairly nice. Somewhat comparable to JCPenny, if you're familiar with those stores. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

Speaking of stores makes me remember a story about my August trip to Dallas. I hope I haven't told this already. A beware, my narratives can get a bit lengthy. :D

My aunt, grandmother, and I went to the flagship Neiman Marcus downtown, which I many went to hopefully find a CVS so I could grab some snacks and escape those h :wacko: rrible hotel prices. But they didn't have any near so I just went inside and it was exactly what I expected, a bunch of people walking around with their noses in the air. But I just shrugged it off a moved on.

1st floor. This is probably the stranget part of my story. I saw a really skinny man that looked like a bird with long, long hair pulled into a bun, a light button up sweater, a silver purse, some pink capri pants, and some camel toe sandals. And what was even grosser was that his legs were covered with blisters and red spots :sick: . Now that I think about it he was probably going to get a sex change opperation. After that I just looked out the windows until my grandmother went to the second floor.

2nd floor. There was nothing really to do so I went up to the men's section.

3rd floor. All the closes were really expensive and they didn't look that good. I figure why buy this when you can go to Macy's or Dillard's and get something far better and far cheaper. While I was observing by surroundings I was pretty sure that almost every man in there was gay and it was not hard to tell. I never once was asked if I needed help, but they saw you alright and were looking right at you, making sure you weren't stealing anything .

4th-8th? Rode up the evelator until the retail started turning into office lobbies, then went back to the second floor.

2nd floor. Went back to my grandmother who was still looking at clothes. I picked up a light jacket and looked at the price: $4000! Put that back on the rack quick! :lol:

1st floor. We went back to the first floor were my aunt got her make-up done. Still didn't ask my grandmother or me for help, just glanced at you. I was thinking about spilling some sample make-up on the floor to make them clean it up.

Well that's the end. Hope it wasn't too long and winding ,but hey, wouldn't this be the perfect place to post it?

Edited by dan326

Don't "views" in the forums count for something??Better than nothing! Even if the replies are "0" or really low??

I liked SBC's (Brians) Attention Lurkers thread a few months ago. Like he said the forum goes in cycles of active and nearly dead :mellow:

I was the only once to reply to Dan's most recent Skyline Battle.

Edited by richyb83

I liked SBC's (Brians) Attention Lurkers thread a few months ago. Like he said the forum goes in cycles of active and nearly dead :mellow:

It doesn't seem to be just the Louisiana forum right now, either. I've been extremely busy over the past week, and it seems Brian has been as well. And just from looking over the rest of the forum, it looks like quite a few people have had less time to post than usual this week.

Does anybody know what "big city amenities" are? I heard the phrase and wanted to know what exaclty could be considered big city amenities.

I wonder if you heard that from me. I think I've said something like that before. I guess to me it means things like more cultural things. Museums, art galleries and such. But even thinks like more music concerts, better selection of restaurants and retail and such.