Lagniappe

NCB

No problem, glad you asked. Just judging by the maps I've seen the subtropics line extended nearly as far north as I-20. So like Brian said..you probably have to give it extra care pretty much anything north of I-20. Depending on the severity of the Winter's. Palms are probably O.K. in southern Arkansas milder Winter's.

Maybe I just haven't been far enough south in Arkansas but I don't recall ever seeing any. I spent part of my life in Pine Bluff which is in the southern part of Arkansas but never saw one there. Granted it isn't that close to the Louisiana border.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah and Alabama had it's chances and probably should have won that game as well. I was surprised how Georgia came back. They hadn't had a great season and I figured they wouldn't come back in a game like that.

Don't forget how Georgia did against Auburn and GT. I kept on telling everyone at the half that GA would win--and it did!!! :yahoo: (for me at least)

Anyways, I was supposed to go on a short trip to Columbia, SC, today, but a pre-trip car check discovered we had a weak battery. We decided to cancel it.

I guess we must have different tastes in movies. I admit I don't usually see the ones you guys tend to talk about. Honestly The Lord of the Rings trilogy was the last movies I was really excited to go see in the theater. I haven't seen anything else that had that feeling of anticipation.

Here's another one of Dubai's ridiculously large projects I found interesting. It's called the Asia Asia Hotel, based off the New York New York Hotel. It will have 6,500 rooms and will include replicas of Taipei 101, Petronas Towers,Bank of China Tower, and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.

wvzxhc.jpg24804-24786-tatweer.jpg

Here's another one of Dubai's ridiculously large projects I found interesting. It's called the Asia Asia Hotel, based off the New York New York Hotel. It will have 6,500 rooms and will include replicas of Taipei 101, Petronas Towers,Bank of China Tower, and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.

wvzxhc.jpg24804-24786-tatweer.jpg

That's just wild.

6,500 rooms!? :w00t:

That's just insane, and probably unnecessary. But still, it's crazy for me to think that if you put all three of New Orleans' largest hotels together, they would still only have half as many rooms as that hotel. If you combine the Marriot, Sheraton, and Hyatt in New Orleans, you have about 3,400 rooms.

That's just insane, and probably unnecessary. But still, it's crazy for me to think that if you put all three of New Orleans' largest hotels together, they would still only have half as many rooms as that hotel. If you combine the Marriot, Sheraton, and Hyatt in New Orleans, you have about 3,400 rooms.

This is definitely a project on a 'Las Vegas' scale. It's just insane.

I think outside of the US, Dubai is known much more as a 'destination'. I do wonder how this compares to in general with Las Vegas.

These guys definitely got the idea of a planned community down. This is a retirement community in Sun City,AZ.

untitledzt6.png

I found it when I was looking through my very old Nation Geographics Picture Atlas copyrighted 1978. One thing that I don't think is right is the population stats. It says that New Orleans population was 559,770, Baton Rouge 294,394 :huh: , and Shreveport 185,711.

I love looking at maps; that's just crazy looking at all those circular patterns between the golf course capital of the world. Seems like you could get dizzy driving on those constantly :wacko:

Baton Rouge 294,394

No that could not be right back in 1978; I've never seen that before, maybe they meant 194,394??