210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Im surprised no one mentioned this, but in Augusts Uptown Magazine, there is a new rendering of the Entertainment Complex, with a lot of the tenants signage on it, and locations. It shows the side where the hotel will go, and includes, on this side, the Movie theatre woohoo, Lucky Strike Lanes, Wild WIng Cafe, Doc Greens gourmet salads, Cold Stone Creamery, Boneheads, Shanes Rib Shack, The Comedy Zone, Prime Steakhouse, PJs, and Moes, and Planet Smoothie. It shows these as all on this one side. A lot. Someone should scan the rendering. Im excited it has Lucky Strike, and the Movie Theatre looks great.

Where can we find the rendering? I'd love to see it.

Where can we find the rendering? I'd love to see it.

It's in the latest edition of the "Uptown" magazine. They are all around Uptown and are free :) . It is the nicest rendering that I have seen of the project thus far.

A2

Edited by A2

It's in the latest edition of the "Uptown" magazine. They are all around Uptown and are free :) . It is the nicest rendering that I have seen of the project thus far.

A2

Erm, where could one find one online? I don't happen to be in Charlotte, and the mag's site does not appear to display the pic... Thank you. :)

I love the oversized movie posters.....with this, the Ritz, Founders Hall reconfig.....there really needs to be an effort to animate with Omni Parking Deck along college.

I know -- i think the large ads and movie promos look great and certainly unlike anything we curretly have. We need art and pop art is fine w/ me!

I love how that looks, street presence at that particular spot may be a bit bland, but I'm sure with all that signage, they'll find a way to spruce it up. Maybe street vendors/news stands.

Also, anybody else notice how aLoft isn't in that picture? Any news on it lately?

I've been hearing rumblings about Lucky Strike Bowling & FOX Sports Grill have both pulled out on the Epicentre project, and that leasing the (enormously expensive) space to legit entertainment/retail operators has become a problem.

Also, I think the rendering in Uptown magazine is a couple of years old by now, so I wouldn't put too much stock insofar as the logos that were used in rendering(s).

Why is the 210 Trade/Epicenter project so shady,vague, and mysterious??

For a project of this scope and size, there seems to be almost no concrete info available. Does anybody know whats really going on over there?

I am still amazed that the thing is actually under construction, but all I have spoken with involved in commerical leasing say that Ghazi has decent relationships with his retailers. Last I heard, only the movie theaters were not signed. Still, the space set aside for theaters is still being built. He must know something the rest of us don't.

I know someone leasing there. He is not yet allowed to announce his business, but most of the others are signed. I don't see anything mysterious about this project. It is underway and on time. The friend I have leasing there is well underway with drawings, etc. I think they have just chosen to withhold, and I can't say why, who is coming in.

I know someone leasing there. He is not yet allowed to announce his business, but most of the others are signed. I don't see anything mysterious about this project. It is underway and on time. The friend I have leasing there is well underway with drawings, etc. I think they have just chosen to withhold, and I can't say why, who is coming in.

Ghazi is smart and wouldn't be throwing money into this project like he is if he were worried about filling the place. So far the leases look like they are in place but not announced and the residential units sold well. I have a hard time being skeptical about projects that ARE in the works as opposed to those that withhold info but are not yet started and don't give concrete start dates.

Remeber that Ghazi's main background is in retail. If any component of this project is in top shape, I'm betting it's the retail portion of it.

Still don't get why they cann't announce tenants, unless of course, they have no deals in place.

Okay, what about the restaurant/Nightlife/Entertainment end? Lucky Strike isn't happening, and the FOX Sports Grille thing is sounding really iffy. Whats the real scoop???? It certainly isn't that puffy feature in "Uptown Charlotte magazine".

Remeber that Ghazi's main background is in retail. If any component of this project is in top shape, I'm betting it's the retail portion of it.

I would not be so sure. They are also playing games with announcing and then re-announcing a project here in Huntersville. In my mind they only did so because the competition from another project across the street.

See here. I posted about this project in May 2005 in the old Epicenter thread, and wondered if they had the ability to do so much at the same time. Apparently not at this point at least in Huntersville. It should be noted this is right in the center of of a huge amount of New Urbanist construction in Huntersville in a fairly high income area and across from the new Presbytarian hospital so it isn't like the area isn't in demand.

Kitty I agree, at least from the Huntersville project, they are having trouble lining up retailers for their projects.

Still don't get why they cann't announce tenants, unless of course, they have no deals in place.

Okay, what about the restaurant/Nightlife/Entertainment end? Lucky Strike isn't happening, and the FOX Sports Grille thing is sounding really iffy. Whats the real scoop???? It certainly isn't that puffy feature in "Uptown Charlotte magazine".

Fox Sports Grille still lists Charlotte as a future site on their webpage.

http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/locations.aspx

Maybe lucky strike and the theater will be a challenge but from my perspective, Fox Sports Grille should be a go. I spent the night in Charlotte on August 12th at the Marriott City Center on my way to Atlanta. That was the night of the first preseason game with Buffalo. I walked everywhere (Picasso...ol' Angry Ales, basically everywhere). There were a gazillion people uptown that night.

Now, I decided against going to the preseason game but imagined walking over to the Epicentre to watch the game at Fox Sports Grille. That's my kind of place. Bowling or a movie would've been icing on the cake.

If they're having problems with the current line up in terms of potential retailers, I can only vision something equivalent or an improvement coming along given the location. I'm a glass-is-half-full can of guy.

In addition, the arena is right there (they also had a Charlotte Sting game that night). The location just seems prime for the picking, IMO. My point is, I don't think you have to be super business savvy to recruit for that project. But, I've seen many a SNAFU in my time.

I have heard casually from people who know Bar Management Group people that BMG will be managing the theater and the bowling alley. I interpretted that to mean that the original operators fell through, but that Ghazi would still build the facilities for some other operator.

I have heard casually from people who know Bar Management Group people that BMG will be managing the theater and the bowling alley. I interpretted that to mean that the original operators fell through, but that Ghazi would still build the facilities for some other operator.

What they need to do is make it a high-end theater, serve food and drinks and charge $20 per head to get in. Tons of people would still pay for the experience. I would.

What they need to do is make it a high-end theater, serve food and drinks and charge $20 per head to get in. Tons of people would still pay for the experience. I would.

You're right, it is an experience. I did it a few days before returning to America in a movie theatre outside of Sydney. It was an AMC style theatre, only they also had one or two theatres dedicated to the first class feel. I believe they called it the Gold Pass. They served wine and you could order food and have it brought to you while you sit in a first-class/LayZBoy style reclining chair. I watched National Treasure with a now Abercrombie model who now lives in Pittsburgh. sigh... good times. In other words, I believe this is a good idea Elric. I can't focus anymore. You had to be there.