Want a city added?

monsoon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

We tried that for a while, but it wasn't very active. The GA section as it is has more activity than the Atlanta sections ever did. However, if interest in Atlanta topics picks up it may warrant the creation of a subforum! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I started a new topic on this before seeing this topic.

I am looking for a place to post stuff on Buffalo NY but it does not fit into any of the current subforums. Could the North Atlantic Seabord be changes to a Northeast subforum. It could also fit into a Great Lakes subforum. I have seen writing about a Great Lakes forum but could not find it.

Any Ideas on what I should do?

I started a new topic on this before seeing this topic.

I am looking for a place to post stuff on Buffalo NY but it does not fit into any of the current subforums.  Could the North Atlantic Seabord be changes to a Northeast subforum.  It could also fit into a Great Lakes subforum.  I have seen writing about a Great Lakes forum but could not find it.

Any Ideas on what I should do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can post in the North Atlantic section. If we get enough upstate New Yorkers we can create a subforum within there for them.

You can post in the North Atlantic section. If we get enough upstate New Yorkers we can create a subforum within there for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could the description be modified to include New York State cities similar to how it says Penn cities? No one will find it in there becasue the description only includes New York City

Could the description be modified to include New York State cities similar to how it says Penn cities?  No one will find it in there becasue the description only includes New York City

Pennsylvania Cities has its own sub-forum so that is why it has that label. Same for NYC and Metro. You may post int he North Atlantic Seaboard section dubbed "The American Megalopolis"

Pennsylvania Cities has its own sub-forum so that is why it has that label.  Same for NYC and Metro.  You may post int he North Atlantic Seaboard section dubbed "The American Megalopolis"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Don't want to be a bother but if you look at this map it shows that the forum descriptions include every part of the country except the upper part of New York State (in white). Buffalo is no where near the north east megalopolis so it will not be relevant inthat subforum. I am not looking for some special buffalo forum just a general place that people might expect to find it.

Why is this the only part of the country cut out of the forums?

colormap7gh.jpg

Not sure you're following us here. We would love to create a sub-forum for the region you are speaking of, but there simply is not enough activity (none really) to warrant it. Therefore it goes in the North Atlantic Seaboard region which INCLUDES New York state:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=174

Buffalo is a stray city as it is so close to Canada and so far away from Pittsburgh, Philly and NYC. There are no other cities around it that would come close to warranting a section of it's own, unless we had a good bit of activity in it, which we do not (as you can tell). I encourage you to post in the North Atlantic Seaboard forum which I've linked above and when/if there is enough activity we will consider providing a sub-forum for that immediate area.

Not sure you're following us here.  We would love to create a sub-forum for the region you are speaking of, but there simply is not enough activity (none really) to warrant it.  Therefore it goes in the North Atlantic Seaboard region which INCLUDES New York state:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=174

Buffalo is a stray city as it is so close to Canada and so far away from Pittsburgh, Philly and NYC.  There are no other cities around it that would come close to warranting a section of it's own, unless we had a good bit of activity in it, which we do not (as you can tell).  I encourage you to post in the North Atlantic Seaboard forum which I've linked above and when/if there is enough activity we will consider providing a sub-forum for that immediate area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not think you are getting what I am saying. I am not asking for a sub forum I am asking you to broaden the description of the NA forum to be more inclusive oif the North East just like you have done for other regions.

Examples:

USA West

The Great Western Expanse

Subforums: San Francisco

Forum Led by: Moderators

The Southern USA

Carolinas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisana, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma

Subforums: Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

Forum Led by: thelakelander, monsoon, Spartan

One reason you have no upstate NY activity is because you have no place to put it. The descriptions of all the other regions include entire states except for the North Atlantic which limits (with a few exceptions) its coverage to the coastal cities.

By the way Buffalo is quite close to Pittsburgh.

I encourage you to post in the North Atlantic Seaboard forum which I've linked above and when/if there is enough activity we will consider providing a sub-forum for that immediate area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is how the Virginia subforum came to be.

Which is how the Virginia subforum came to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said (and i will go away after this post ) I am not looking for a subforum. personally I think that subforums that are too narrowly focused are boring anyway.

I am just looking for a regional forum in which to put some really good Buffalo stuff.

You have a Northwest forum. You have a South forum. You have a West forum. You have a northwest. But for the northeast you have only and Eastern Seabord forum. People interested in Buffalo will not know to look there. I just don't understand why you cut out the rest of NY from this forum.

I think I will post in the midwest forum if it can't be changed.

I just don't understand why you cut out the rest of NY from this forum.

I think I will post in the midwest forum if it can't be changed.

We're not cutting out the rest of NY by having it this way, NY is a North Atlantic seaboard state, it touches the atlantic. The state of New York isn't in the midwest and any post made for Buffalo in the midwest would be moved because it is out of place. I have renamed the sub-forum "New York City & Metro" to read "New York" with a description of "The City & State"

Please post all Buffalo topics in this renamed sub-forum of the North Atlantic Seaboard.

I would like to see New Haven, New London and Hartford (CT) all added and would like to find out more about how to make that happen. Thanks!

Hartford, CT already has a sub-forum here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=63

All others will go either here or in a sub-forum of this location:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=50

• 2 months later...

It may be nearing the time when Lansing, MI can get it's own forum. It is currently in Mid-Michigan. I was thinking, when traffic picks up enough of course, splitting Mid Michigan into the Tri-Cities (Flint, Saginaw, Midland) and Lansing Metro. Currently Lansing accounts for most of the Mid Michigan posts, I doubt there is enough traffic yet, but maybe by the end of the year we will have enough traffic, just saying keep an eye out for us.

Archived