Film production in SBC

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Cleaner" trailer, starting Samuel L. Jackson, Ed Harris, Eva Mendes (man, how did I miss her while she was in town!) ;)

NOTE: takes awhile for the trailer to download... http://videos.cinemavip.com/informaciondec...ido.php?con=861

I'm excited about this one! Looks like the film may have some nice city exteriors too. :shades:

Wow! I didn't realize who some of the co-stars were! Eva Mendes, Ed Harris, that big Hispanice guy (sorry, don't know his name)... all very recognizable figures who I've enjoyed seeing before. Very nice! The movie looks awesome, too bad it's based in... if my memory is correct... East Trenton, NJ.

• 1 month later...

I thought one movie was currently being made here, but apparently there are currently 2 movies, 1 MTV series pilot, and 2 horror movie sequels currently filming here. Wow... I had no idea.

Still, I was glad to read just now that 2 new productions are in the works for our area. They are The Year One, which will star Jack Black, and Comeback which will star Ice Cube and be directed by Fred Durst... yes, THE Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit.

Apparently Arlena Acree is staying on top of the industry trade shows, and she sounds sure that more productions will be signing on for Shreveport-Bossier in the near future. This will only be enhanced when Millennium Films completes its multi-million dollar studio project in Ledbetter Heights, outside of downtown. About the industry trade shows, Acree said to The Times, "I had people waiting in line for me, they are just so receptive to Shreveport. It

Watched Mr. Brooks tonight. Wow, so awesome! The ending left it open for a sequel. Actually for two sequels. :) And the director even hinted toward sequels in the extra stuff on the DVD. They also HEAVILY praised Shreveport.

The "dream" ending on the movie was CRAZY!!!

The "dream" ending on the movie was CRAZY!!!

Wasn't it!?!? Wow, it made us all sit up on the edge of our seats and yell "NO WAY!!!!" That was cool, very well done. Totally unexpected.

Oh, on movie news.... at last night's Mudbugs hockey game against Austin at CenturyTel Center, Matthew Broderick (Ferris Bueller) assisted in dropping the first puck. He was there because part of the movie he is filming here currently was being shot there. This information is all from the Shreveport Times. The article was there yesterday but now I can't find it to post a link.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a busy year it's been and 2008 is shaping up to be even busier! Katrina definitely was a blessing in disguise for us, as it has proven that there is plenty of business to go around. New Orleans is still getting major features, Baton Rouge is in on the action, and all the way up here in "far northeast Texas" we're getting more than our fair share.

Awesome... and I can't wait to see Millennium's completed facility. Even if it is surrounded by a 50' tall razor wire and electric fence or whatever, the facility will be a welcomed addition. Allendale needs all the help it can get.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the "Mad Money" trailer by clicking on "VIDEO"...

http://www.madmoneymovie.com/

I saw the "Mad Money" trailer a couple of weeks ago, it kinda looks funny. Has anyone seen "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins" aka "The Better Man?" I think this movie looks hilarious. Here is a link to the movie website.

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins

They both look pretty good, but it'll be nice when they finally hit theaters. I'm interested in seeing more as well, such as My Mom's New Boyfriend (Homeland Security) and Harold & Kumar II.

My wife was telling me about the Jessica Simpson movie, "Blonde Ambition." She said that they were testing it out and they put it in 8 theaters. It scored a whopping $348 in the first day! :rofl: I hate to say it, but everyone is so over her, well everyone except Tony Romo!

My wife was telling me about the Jessica Simpson movie, "Blonde Ambition." She said that they were testing it out and they put it in 8 theaters. It scored a whopping $348 in the first day! :rofl: I hate to say it, but everyone is so over her, well everyone except Tony Romo!

O.u.c.h ... despite who was in it, I hoped it would be at least halfway decent since they shot it here. And now she's set to shoot another here ... yay, another flop. :(

West Shreveport business, Cinelease, provides equipment to the movie industry.

A couple of excerpts from the two partners running Cinelease's Shreveport operation:

"We've not had a day here where we've not had a show," said Adams, who moved here from Los Angeles. "It's growing even a little faster than we had anticipated."

"Having heard there were films in Shreveport, I would not have thought it was as busy as it is," said Bloom, who up until this year has lived and worked in Los Angeles. "Here it's a lot busier than I had anticipated."

Also in the following article: production numbers continued to rise in 2007!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS01/801010326

This may be old news, but this was in the Business Report in Baton Rouge today! Great to see the film industry rolling! Definetly gaining momentum!

Northwest Louisiana enjoying movie boom

http://www.businessreport.com/news/2008/ja...mic-development

SHREVEPORT (AP) -- New Orleans isn't the only location filmmakers like in Louisiana. In 2007, northwest Louisiana attracted 24 movie and TV projects worth an estimated $181.5 million in total budget dollars, according to Arlena Acree, Shreveport's director of film, media and entertainment.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, number three babay!!

Here's another film industry article from today...

Another movie industry vendor has moved from Los Angeles to Shreveport to set up shop. This guy says everyone who told him he'd never be able to stay in business here has called him asking for work. The writers' strike has Los Angeles somewhat crippled right now and we're just setting the world on fire over here. These stories have become so very common lately. They even mention a guy who moved here from Orlando to launch his movie career.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...350/1064/NEWS05

Looks like people are moving here for the movie industry. I'm wondering what kind of positive effect this industry has had on our local population. I'd love to see an estimate of this, because it sounds like it's helped our population a lot. Add CIC to this and we have some major dynamics at play here, working in our favor for a change!

Yep, number three babay!!

Here's another film industry article from today...

Another movie industry vendor has moved from Los Angeles to Shreveport to set up shop. This guy says everyone who told him he'd never be able to stay in business here has called him asking for work. The writers' strike has Los Angeles somewhat crippled right now and we're just setting the world on fire over here. These stories have become so very common lately. They even mention a guy who moved here from Orlando to launch his movie career.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...350/1064/NEWS05

Looks like people are moving here for the movie industry. I'm wondering what kind of positive effect this industry has had on our local population. I'd love to see an estimate of this, because it sounds like it's helped our population a lot. Add CIC to this and we have some major dynamics at play here, working in our favor for a change!

that's so fantastic!

Archived