Film production in SBC

I still don't think anyone has figured out what the signs saying "MWP" mean. This could possibly be a sixth film that I just can't think of right now.

Sometimes production signs show the initials of the production company instead of the actual production name. In fact, I can almost guarantee you that the "P" in MWP stands for productions. Keep in mind they're always trying to be discreet. Also, sometimes they use code words or key words that only people on the call sheet will be able to figure out.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes production signs show the initials of the production company instead of the actual production name. In fact, I can almost guarantee you that the "P" in MWP stands for productions. Keep in mind they're always trying to be discreet. Also, sometimes they use code words or key words that only people on the call sheet will be able to figure out.

Oh yeah they're really good about using code words. But people have come to realize over time that these signs are pointing to productions because they always use bright signs with arrows and letters. lol

Maybe it's Millennium Worldwide Pictures/Production. Just a guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what movie(s) Tracy Morgan and Adam Sandler are working on here? Yesterday during my commute I was listening to K945 and the DJs had Tracy Morgan in the studio. I like him, he's a funny dude... I've always liked him.

This morning the same station had him and Adam Sandler on there. If they said which movie they're making I didn't catch it.

I do know the DJs were saying yesterday that Martin Lawrence and Cedric the Entertainer have been seen in local clubs, and that Martin Lawrence is supposedly a rude jerk. I can't comment on the truthfulness of that, it's just what the DJs said on the radio.

Yeah, I've been catching them the last couple of days on the radio. Man, Tracy Morgan had me swerving on the Inner Loop yesterday from laughing so hard!

He's hilarious... I like him.

Christopher Walken is in their studio now!! What movie is HE making?? He must be in the movie with Adam Sandler... they were together in 'Click' last year.

He's hilarious... I like him.

Christopher Walken is in their studio now!! What movie is HE making?? He must be in the movie with Adam Sandler... they were together in 'Click' last year.

I don't know. Yesterday, they also had Tom Arnold in studios...

This morning it's Tracy Morgan, Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken, Tom Arnold and Al Pacino in studio.

Pacino says he's just a "regular guy" and that he's planning on getting out this weekend and enjoying the city. Said he thinks Shreveport is a beautiful city and wants to explore. I'll likely be out and about this weekend when I'm not working, so it'd be cool to see him. With all these major stars around, the chances of running into at least one of them has to be pretty good. And if what Tracy Morgan says is true, you can probably find him downtown at Larry Flynt's place. lol

It's days like today where being a DJ at K945 would be a cool job.

Metlife...

Okay I missed something.

I knew it seemed like there was no way there were all those stars and the DJs in that booth. So were they ALL impresonations???? I don't know if you listened up until just a few minutes ago but it sounds like Adam Sandler was an impersonation by Craig Gass, who will be appearing at the Funny Bone this weekend. But I missed if they were all impersonations. I know Sandler and Pacino sounded a lot alike, but Tracy Morgan, Tom Arnold, and Christopher Walken sounded like the real deal. Were they?

Metlife...

Okay I missed something.

I knew it seemed like there was no way there were all those stars and the DJs in that booth. So were they ALL impresonations???? I don't know if you listened up until just a few minutes ago but it sounds like Adam Sandler was an impersonation by Craig Gass, who will be appearing at the Funny Bone this weekend. But I missed if they were all impersonations. I know Sandler and Pacino sounded a lot alike, but Tracy Morgan, Tom Arnold, and Christopher Walken sounded like the real deal. Were they?

Frak!! Dude, i didn't get a chance to listen this morning. You could be onto something, though.

It's possible Sandler was on earlier in the week, and today was just an impersonation but I'm unsure. It would be cool if he was filiming here. Heck, join the club!! :) A coworker of mine did say he thought he saw Pacino smoking a cigarette outside a movie set downtown earlier in the week, so who knows...

Metlife...

Okay I missed something.

Man, this guy is good. Look at this list of personalities (radio) on this guy's link. LMAO!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gass

Holy crap... he did ALL the voices on the radio this week!!!!

We've been hella had. I hate K945 now. lol

WTF! I thought we had something cool going on here, but they just made us all look stupid. :dontknow: Anyone else feel as dumb as I do???

• 4 weeks later...

The Times is running a story today on the FBI investigation into LIFT Productions in New Orleans where former Entertainment Industry Development Director Mark Smith allegedly took bribes to steer work and extra tax credits to LIFT. Local industry leaders fear it might affect Shreveport's booming film industry. I doubt production companies will care at all what's happening, as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line:

FBI investigation in New Orleans worries local film industry leaders

..."The LIFT issue doesn't have any impact on us unless it impacts the Legislature," said Millennium Films producer and attorney Frank DeMartini at the City Hall meeting. "We're making movies no matter what." The company is in negotiations to build a 100,000-square-foot studio and production facility in Shreveport valued between $7 million and $10 million...

The Times is running a story today on the FBI investigation into LIFT Productions in New Orleans where former Entertainment Industry Development Director Mark Smith allegedly took bribes to steer work and extra tax credits to LIFT. Local industry leaders fear it might affect Shreveport's booming film industry. I doubt production companies will care at all what's happening, as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line:

FBI investigation in New Orleans worries local film industry leaders

..."The LIFT issue doesn't have any impact on us unless it impacts the Legislature," said Millennium Films producer and attorney Frank DeMartini at the City Hall meeting. "We're making movies no matter what." The company is in negotiations to build a 100,000-square-foot studio and production facility in Shreveport valued between $7 million and $10 million...

How the HELL did I miss that!?!?!?!? Did I read that correctly, that MILLENNIUM wants to build a studio facility here themselves?

Just below that it also goes on to mention that 3 movies have been filmed inside a movie studio in west Shreveport as well, called Stage West. I had no idea there was a studio out there in west Shreveport as well... since obviously, StageWorks in downtown gets all of the publicity.

SBC,

I believe that StageWest is located inside the old ATT plant.

Glorioso Casting is located in there and i had heard rumblings that big chunks of the old plant were being redone to become soundstages.

Perhaps this is the end result?

Just a bit of news i had heard a while back but didn't bother to report.

Mudbugger

I believe that StageWest is located inside the old ATT plant.

According to this article (scroll down to December 03, 2006), Stage West is located in the building that used to be the old Shreveport Refrigeration Superstore Warehouse.

I have had the good blessing to turn the old SR Superstore Warehouse" (her family's former electronic store), "into
Stage West.

Does anyone know where the old SR Superstore Warehouse is located?

Archived