High Rise Development in NWA

mcheiss

Do you think Springdale will start building more towers soon?

Not any time soon.

Springdale might get some towers near the hopeful AA Minor League Park near I-540. But millions of sq. feet in class A Office Space in Towers and Hundreds of Condos are already being built in Fayetteville and Rogers. So it could be a while.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to tell you the truth, id love to see a race to the sky between the pinnacle area and north fayetteville, 40 story towers are just fine with me! :)

I'm not sure about 40 stories, but there are several 16-20 story towers planned for downtown Fayetteville, North Fayetteville and Pinnacle Hills in Southwest Rogers. I think by 2050 there will be a lot of 20-40 story buildings in these areas.

I'm not sure about 40 stories, but there are several 16-20 story towers planned for downtown Fayetteville, North Fayetteville and Pinnacle Hills in Southwest Rogers. I think by 2050 there will be a lot of 20-40 story buildings in these areas.

Hopefully.

I'd always like to see Wal-Mart take an Urban approach in their headquarters by building several 40 to 50 story towers, along with Arvest consolidating all of their headquarters into one 30-40 floor building.

I think as land prices become higher and higher especially in the Pinnacle Area, larger towers will be built, especially since Rogers doesn't necessarly have all the room to expand (Bentonville to the West, Centerton to Southwest, Pea Ridge to the North, Little Flock to the North, Lowell to the South, and Beaver Lake to the East). There's still plenty of land out there for high-rise development.

Hopefully.

I'd always like to see Wal-Mart take an Urban approach in their headquarters by building several 40 to 50 story towers, along with Arvest consolidating all of their headquarters into one 30-40 floor building.

I think as land prices become higher and higher especially in the Pinnacle Area, larger towers will be built, especially since Rogers doesn't necessarly have all the room to expand (Bentonville to the West, Centerton to Southwest, Pea Ridge to the North, Little Flock to the North, Lowell to the South, and Beaver Lake to the East). There's still plenty of land out there for high-rise development.

I'd rather see Wal-Mart take a college-campus approach the way Sprint did with its HQs in Overland Park near KC. I think it would better fit the community.

I'd rather see Wal-Mart take a college-campus approach the way Sprint did with its HQs in Overland Park near KC. I think it would better fit the community.

I kind of like what Target has done in Downtown Minneapolis, they have 2 buildings downtown. One is 15 Floors, the other is 33. Of course, it could cause traffic woes, but as well could start Downtown Development.

I guess a campus deal would be pretty cool, with many 8 or 9 Floor Buildings. I'd like to see all of the facilites in one area, it would be very convienant for the company, and probably save money.

I kind of like what Target has done in Downtown Minneapolis, they have 2 buildings downtown. One is 15 Floors, the other is 33. Of course, it could cause traffic woes, but as well could start Downtown Development.

I guess a campus deal would be pretty cool, with many 8 or 9 Floor Buildings. I'd like to see all of the facilites in one area, it would be very convienant for the company, and probably save money.

I think the traffic could be managed but I think it would be terrible expensive. WM traditionally hasn't been willing to dole out that kind of cash for infrastructure costs.

I think the traffic could be managed but I think it would be terrible expensive. WM traditionally hasn't been willing to dole out that kind of cash for infrastructure costs.

I see.

But logistically and economically, it could be cheaper to have all facilities in one general area, as opposed to all over NWA.

This week's NWA Business Journal has a front page article on the new 'The Dickson' Building titled "Dickson Street Re-Tux". It has a couple of pix of what the development is going to look like and a few more details of the $7M, 6-story structure. It will have 2 levels of parking underground with 2-2000 sq ft retail spaces on the ground floor(one all ready spoken for by a salon out of Rogers), with 5 floor of condos above to be configured as sold (the building can accomodate up to 20 bedrooms total). This only hinges on Fayetteville Planning Department approval and NOT the Planning Commission. Looks like another great development for Dickson is taking shape. Note: Mr Tux will permanently relocate to a yet-to-be determined location at the start of construction.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess I should add the Westin to the Group as well

Complete List of Towers planned for NWA:

Westin Hotel & Condos: 22 Floors Rogers

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 7 Floors Rogers

Medical Professions Building: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 1(Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 2 (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: 20+ Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

Legacy Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Lofts at Underwood Plaza: 9 Floors Fayetteville

Renaissance Tower: 18 Floors Fayetteville

Divinity Development: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 1: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 2: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 3: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 4: 10 Floors Fayetteville

The Dickson: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Washington Regional Medical Center Expansion 6 Floors Fayetteville

The Lindsay Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Coose Hollow Condo Tower 1: 15 Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Coose Hollow Condo Towers 2-7: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Grandview Heights Unknown amount of Towers: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

I saw that article too... I think this is too much of a stretch. What's the appeal? The only thing I can think of, is its proximity to 71B, the Mall area, and perhaps within walking distance of Lake Fayetteville park. But if that's the case, it seems it would directly compete with Bellafont, unless the price ranges are different...

I have to wonder that one or more of these condo projects announced within the last several months will ever see the light of day.

I saw that article too... I think this is too much of a stretch. What's the appeal? The only thing I can think of, is its proximity to 71B, the Mall area, and perhaps within walking distance of Lake Fayetteville park. But if that's the case, it seems it would directly compete with Bellafont, unless the price ranges are different...

I have to wonder that one or more of these condo projects announced within the last several months will ever see the light of day.

I have to agree. That location is far less walkable than Downtown Fayetteville or Dickson Street or really a hundred other decent locations in NWA for that matter. With so much controversy over these condo projects on Dickson Street I've been wondering the same thing, but I believe we'll see several highrise condos popping up all over NWA within the next 3-5 years. Definitely the 3 15-story condos on Beaver Lake and the 20-story Westin tower in Rogers.

Sure, this one sounds like a pretty cool one.

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Washington Regional Medical Center Expansion 5 Floors Fayetteville

University Club Tower: 12 Floors Fayetteville

ITK, the University Club tower would be fairly close to the big (Springdale?) Country Club, wouldn't it?

Sure, this one sounds like a pretty cool one.

Washington Regional Medical Center Expansion 6 Floors Fayetteville

Is the Westin Hotel the same thing as the Barber Group hotel off of New Hope road, or are they building two hotels in the region?

I haven't heard about that one. It sounds like to me that it will be in Fayetteville. I wonder if the city will have any problems with this. That's getting pretty close to Lake Fayetteville. While Springdale has allowed developments near the lake Fayetteville doesn't seem too keen on allowing many developments near the lake. I'd figure something big like this isn't going to appeal to them either. But I'm a bit like Matt. The housing and condo trend really seems to be slowing across the nation. I suppose this area could buck that trend, but you do have to wonder if so many condo developments can really be supported in such a short amount of time.

Yes, that's true. But not close enough you would walk to.

Hey some of us actually do some walking. You should see how much walking I do when I'm out taking pics. :lol:

Oh yeah I also have a correction. Washington Regional is only adding one floor not two. Although I think they are leaving the option of adding yet another floor for later on in the future. But for now they're only doing one floor apparently.

Updated with the "W" Aloft Hotel

"W" ALOFT Hotel: 5 Floors Rogers

Washington Regional Medical Center Expansion 5 Floors Fayetteville

• 2 weeks later...

There was an article on MSN about ranking rents for major cities. In the article, it was also mentioning the drop-off of the condo craze and the questions about whether those would become rentals or lower the area rent prices.

The article is here: MSN Article on Rents

A ranking of the cities for rent prices is here: Priciest US Cities for Rent

I wonder where Fayetteville, or our metro area would be. 200th?

Archived