Walmart at Town Center

vdogg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living in the area myself I do feel we need more retail options but I am still hoping for the Target at Pembroke Mall, if in fact it is still coming.

I agree, if we are going to be getting either a Target or a Walmart, I would much rather have the Target attached to the mall. In Northern Virginia at Springfield Mall, there is a two story Target. The mall sucks (much like Pembroke), but the Target is fairly nice... I used to be a fan of WalMart, but after living in NOVA for a few years now while at school, I go to Target, even though it might be a few cents more expensive...

I don't think Military Highway/Janaf has the traffic to support two Wal-Marts erdogs :whistling:;)

sorry, had to say it :D

What have they done with the old HQ building? I think putting a super Walmart there and closing the one by Home Depot would be a much better fit. That way if you lived in Aragona you wouldn't have to get onto Military Highway. Another option is to put one over by Bayside Hospital.

What have they done with the old HQ building? I think putting a super Walmart there and closing the one by Home Depot would be a much better fit. That way if you lived in Aragona you wouldn't have to get onto Military Highway. Another option is to put one over by Bayside Hospital.

HQ is now a BJ's Wholesale Club. The Super Walmart at Janaf was just renovated within the past 3 years. Why would it be a better fit 1000 ft from where it is now?

Virginia Beach doesn't need another Walmart. Hampton Roads has plenty of Walmart's and plenty of cheap imported Chinese junk.

Some of you guys should run for city council in your respective districts. The lack of imagination on the VB and Norfolk councils is amazing.

This is another example of just how clueless VB council can be. What next, a Ponderosa across from Ruth's Chris? Perhaps a Hooters next to the brew pub?

• 3 weeks later...

This is another example of just how clueless VB council can be. What next, a Ponderosa across from Ruth's Chris? Perhaps a Hooters next to the brew pub?

Ponderosa was on Independence Blvd it didnt work

wrong choice of a resturant lol

Hooters right ... NOT

I still say what We need is a Super Walmart :yahoo:

Yeah We have a HQ think of something else to go in there

Super Walmart would have plenty of parking space at the Old FX building

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My brother, who works for the city, said he spoke to the owner/manager type lady of Bill's Flea Market. Said they are all but moved out. The property is sold and the flea market is looking to move to the old Ames dept. store on VB blvd next to the King's Grant Farm Fresh. The proprietors in the flea market can't really afford to go it alone so they all are sticking together and trying to move it to that proposed location. Don't know what is actually going in the FX lot (WalMart or otherwise), but my brother said the property has been sold.

Take it for what it's worth.

Metalman

As a regular Walmart shopper (Janaf) who lives within walking distance of Bill's Flea Market, I hope we are getting it.

Much as I hate to admit it I shop at Wal mart as I'm sure most of us up here do. There is a time and place for everything, but to put a Wal Mart in Town Center? It's not the right time and definitely not the right place. I don't know, stick it down on Independence where the Roses is at, but not anywhere near TC. It would be like building a street of million dollar homes and putting a trailer home right smack in the middle.

Archived