UNC-Charlotte Construction

unccmyway

• 2 weeks later...

Notre Dame may have accidentally given a shoutout to UNC-Charlotte (who, might I add, is referred to as "Charlotte" on their Facebook post.)

"Charlotte" finished tied for 8th in the nation for Graduation Success Rate.

12208446_10153265018741134_4981063982542

I must thank my cousin MaryBeth, a Notre Dame alum, for this information.  In bragging about her private school, she accidentally promoted the best school (in graduate success rate) for the buck in the nation.  Go niners!

Edited by AuLukey
image won't paste
  • Like 4

Notre Dame may have accidentally given a shoutout to UNC-Charlotte (who, might I add, is referred to as "Charlotte" on their Facebook post.)

"Charlotte" finished tied for 8th in the nation for Graduation Success Rate.

12208446_10153265018741134_4981063982542

I must thank my cousin MaryBeth, a Notre Dame alum, for this information.  In bragging about her private school, she accidentally promoted the best school (in graduate success rate) for the buck in the nation.  Go niners!

We are referred to as Charlotte because these rankings are only for athletics, not the school as a whole. For athletics, we are Charlotte, not UNC Charlotte. Our graduation rate for non-athletes is not really very good at all. We get a lot of older, non-traditional students that start school, then never finish because of life obligations. Urban public schools tend to have low(ish) graduation rates.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, StuckInASuburb said:

Progress on the takedown of Belk Tower...

As far as I know no one was around to take pictures when they took it down over break.

belk.PNG

Sad. Guess the students couldn't save it.

I do hope we get an ample replacement for the needle, especially one that will last more than fifty years. What I liked most about the needle is how it contrasted with the rest of the campus.

The thing that really pissed me off was when they asked those of us who are alums if we wanted to purchase a piece of busted up concrete as a way of remembering the tower. Sure, Phil, tear down the one single item that gave an uninspired campus some character (albeit a bit kooky). Tear down the one thing that all graduates remember about the physicality of their time at UNC Charlotte. Replace it with a bland plaza that can be found in any suburban office park throughout America and sell us our "memories".  

Yeah, he's a tool of grand proportions.

• Like 1

Guest StuckInASuburb

Update: It looks like they are just going to brick it up to get rid of the giant fences in the quad. There was a port-a-potty in the fenced off area too, it feel nice knowing I'm going to school at a construction site. (sarcasm)

belk3.PNG.c1451030a6447cae52be43dd4ff619belk2.PNG.f57d65be80f79c76081419e6d41b8e

Edited by StuckInASuburb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

As a UNCC alum I am so happy to see this design. I have all the feels for Belk Tower (and frustration at how little ceremony they gave it) but this is a HUGE improvement. 

I disagree personally. The old Belk tower needed some work done to the base, but the actual tower itself was unique to us. Now we are going to end up with a generic clock tower like every other campus has. Halton Arena already has a clock tower built into it.

• Like 2