Fort Norfolk Plaza Progress

vdogg

Two words jump to mind.

Projectile.

and

Vomit.

On a quasi-relevant side-note, could someone (such as myself) write a letter to the city of Norfolk denouncing this abomination of an excuse for "architecture"? I think somebody should write and strongly urge a city council member or SOMEBODY to reject this hideous and utterly ill-conceived garbage.

The BEST thing about this is that it will be DIRECTLY on the Ft Norfolk waterfront!! It will be a very visible part of the Ft. Norfolk/Atlantic City waterfront skyline! Sigh, I'm gonna go cry now.

Lol. Yeah, just because it's in "Fort" Norfolk doesn't mean it actually has to look like a fort. Lets just hope we can put the review back in the design review process. I am going to hold off until the end of the State of the City just in case this turns out to not be the most recent rendering. If it is the most recent however, I will definately be writing the city on this and urging them to kill this thing as is currently designed. It's still early enough in the process where enough complaints can probably get them to alter the design somewhat.

I was going to say it looked like a big poop stain, but high rise prison works too. Someone really has little taste when it comes to architecture and they are infecting Norfolk!!

It's embarrassing. I haven't been able to bring myself to even update the projects listing yet. I just keep holding out hope that the rendering isn't accurate.

It's embarrassing. I haven't been able to bring myself to even update the projects listing yet. I just keep holding out hope that the rendering isn't accurate.

At first I thought it looked most like a prison. Now, the more I look at it the more it resembles a Soviet era block building in Eastern Europe to me. I'm not sure which is worse...

Archived