Baton Rouge Growth and Development

NCB

After a few delays they are finally ready to build the new Alex Box?? Like every thing else the $price tag$ caused the delays. I forgot what they planned to do with the old Alex Box?? More parking??

I wonder what ever became of the Gameday Center condos that were being talked about?? Close to the LSU Golf Course??? They just completed the GDC in Tallahassee.

Thanks Rardy, Omaha is in the club too then!

Edited by richyb83

After a few delays they are finally ready to build the new Alex Box?? Like every thing else the $price tag$ caused the delays. I forgot what they planned to do with the old Alex Box?? More parking??

I wonder what ever became of the Gameday Center condos that were being talked about?? Close to the LSU Golf Course??? They just completed the GDC in Tallahassee.

As I recall, they've proposed a multi-level parking garage at the site of the old Box.

This unique urban enclave(like the one's urban planners try to recreate in their TND's) in the historic Perkins Road district will be getting a make-over. LSU students and urban enthusiast had some ideas for a more pedestrian friendly area in July's 225 Magazine. Some good ideas like sidewalk, small trees, street lamps, etc. And some not so good ideas.

Perkins Hardware(fenced off) burned down fairly recently will be remade into a 3-story mixed-use project with residentail lofts on the top floor. Rendering was posted a little while back.

71107007ib0.jpg

This unique urban enclave(like the one's urban planners try to recreate in their TND's) in the historic Perkins Road district will be getting a make-over. LSU students and urban enthusiast had some ideas for a more pedestrian friendly area in July's 225 Magazine. Some good ideas like sidewalk, small trees, street lamps, etc. And some not so good ideas.

Perkins Hardware(fenced off) burned down fairly recently will be remade into a 3-story mixed-use project with residentail lofts on the top floor. Rendering was posted a little while back.

71107007ib0.jpg

Great addition to this area. I love the renderings that I have seen. Can't wait for this project to get started. Still waiting for them to start on the old Wal-Mart site. I think once both are completed the whole Southdowns area will be more of a hot spot than what it is now.

Yes twstd the DDD Meetings are open to the public; they are pretty cool to go to. I have been to a few meetings; but it's been exactly a year since I went to one. My work schedule really does not allow me to attend. <_<

I would really love to go to the one today, but work will keep me from going as well.

Thanks Richy, I'm so going to have to start going to some. I love things like that. I've been wanting to go to one of the Forum 35 meetings also. The problem is I seem to be the only one in my group of friends that like stuff like that. Guess I'll either go alone or drag one of them to it. LOL

I can sooooo relate. God love her, but my wife's eyes just kinda glaze over when I start talking development. -_-

me to...all my friends be like okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk sure...when i try to tell them about the developments

but i feel it's because they don't understand ....but when they see it they'll use it (the development that it)

Edited by yis2003yis

ur lucky dan....my mom jus say ....oh ok ...to everything i tell her...but can really care less on what im talkin about

My mom says the same thing. :lol: I go up to here and say " Hey mom, so-and-so just broke ground today! :w00t:" and she'll say "Um huh :mellow: , did you do your homework? <_< ". lol

Edited by dan326

I know the feeling guys. All of my friends look so uninterested when I talk about all the exciting developments going on. Thats why I was so excited when I found this site. I was like finally others that have the same interest as me that I can just ramble with LOL.

My friends are the exact same way.

I have been lurking on this site for about 2 years.

I too was happy to find people that share the same interests as I.

My name is Gerard and I've been addicted to development for as long as I can remember...

I always thought your name was Rardy.

You folk have me dyin with this Dr.Phil mushy stuff0_rofl.gif0_rofl.gif You'all are on some Brady Bunch, support group type stuff 0_rofl.gif

:lol: :lol: It is funny how half the B.R. forum answered this thread. Any comments Richy, it's not complete without you. :D

Edited by dan326

Yall are a trip :lol:

Ha ha Dan, thanks! As yall's Urban Development counselor... :lol:

I have always liked tall buildings...and maps(cities/U.S.)so when we would take a cross town trip I enjoyed seeing the few "tall" buildings that were in downtown BR. Going to the top of the State Capitol was always a big event.

Just watching the city grow has been interesting; like watching pieces of the puzzle fil-in. It's been cool seeing BR transform from an overgrown country town into a legit mid-sized city.

I would "Goggle" new developments or projects and would find myself on UP or Skyscraperpage.com. Then my friend NCB(our Moderator) recruited me to UP from skyscraperpage. NCB had done a fantatastic job starting the Louisiana Forums from the ground-up and the rest is history.

Soon, I would like to post some more city street maps that I drew.

Thanks for the heads-up Rardy; I posted that on the Entertainment District thread on August 14th. But I'm glad you brought it up again bec. nobody commented on it. That kinda suprised me bec. this sounds really cool! :shades:

Where exactly would the 1.5 acres be?? I'm curious to know; I know it says behind the Hilton. And what would it look like from the ground up???? Oh well, still a ways to go before we find out I guess.

Camm Morton coming to BR with these innovative projects has been nice!

Edited by richyb83

Thanks for the heads-up Rardy; I posted that on the Entertainment District thread on August 14th. But I'm glad you brought it up again bec. nobody commented on it. That kinda suprised me bec. this sounds really cool! :shades:

Where exactly would the 1.5 acres be?? I'm curious to know; I know it says behind the Hilton. And what would it look like from the ground up???? Oh well, still a ways to go before we find out I guess.

Camm Morton coming to BR with these innovative projects has been nice!

It looks to me like this would have to be the surface parking lot that is bordered by Florida, Lafayette, Laurel and River Road. That lot is about 1.5 acres.