Maumelle

I hope they have a long term traffic plan for Maumelle. One road in and out, it's like Branson!

They do and it all hinges on the proposed third exit. There are plans to convert the old rest-stop on I-40 to a third Maumelle exit. It seemed to be a go for awhile and there were plans being developed but it depended on matching federal funds which now have all but dried up.

http://www.nlrtimes.com/articles/2011/03/24/maumelle_monitor/local_news/nws05.txt

Edited by ndark

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The recently opened Kroger store in Maumelle is in the process of being reset to prepare for a remodel and expansion into a Kroger Marketplace in 2013.

Is the renovation set to begin anytime soon and where did you hear about it? I ask because I asked an employee in there this weekend and they didn't know anything about a renovation, just that they were rearranging. Certainly doesn't mean anything that they didn't know. Just curious.

Is the renovation set to begin anytime soon and where did you hear about it? I ask because I asked an employee in there this weekend and they didn't know anything about a renovation, just that they were rearranging. Certainly doesn't mean anything that they didn't know. Just curious.

I spend a lot of time working with retail stores - particularly Kroger. I've spoken with the store managers and district personnel who confirm a late '13 early '14 opening of the remodel and expansion. They rearranged everything to get customers used to the new layout to minimize disruption and confusion later on.

I spend a lot of time working with retail stores - particularly Kroger. I've spoken with the store managers and district personnel who confirm a late '13 early '14 opening of the remodel and expansion. They rearranged everything to get customers used to the new layout to minimize disruption and confusion later on.

Thanks cmatthews. Looking forward to reno.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know what is being built in the lot at Carnahan and Club Manor behind Zaxby's?  I noticed that they have cleared the lot and have plumbing signs up.

It is a development called "Savannah Corners." My understanding is that it will be a three-bay strip center. I do not know if there are any tenants signed up as of yet.

The recently opened Kroger store in Maumelle is in the process of being reset to prepare for a remodel and expansion into a Kroger Marketplace in 2013.

Have you heard anything further on possible remodel/expansion of the Kroger?

• 1 month later...

Drove by the old Kroger building and some major work has been done on the facade and a large wall is being constructed.  No sign was posted so I pulled up into the parking lot and I looked in through the doors.  Disappointingly it is being converted into an indoor, climate controlled storage unit building.  There are several rows of units that go all the way across the building.  I was really hoping for something more. Oh well, at least it won't be an empty building anymore.

It would have been nice for the property to be developed into a retail space of some sort. However, there's been no legitimate interest that I know of to do so since Kroger moved out four years ago. So, it many ways this will beat having a vacant business at what was once the more important intersection in town.

Related to the old Kroger building, Arvest has begun construction of a new branch in front of the Wal-Mart Supercenter on the boulevard and will close the branch in Maumelle.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dickey's signs are up but the inside of the place is still bare.  

What is going in next to Morningside Bagels on Maumelle Boulevard?   The front of the space has been enclosed to make an outdoor patio area.  I'm thinking another Mexican restaurant but haven't read anything about a new restaurant.  There are plenty in that area anyway.  (Senor Tequila's, Casa Mexicana, and Mi Burrito are all right there.)

The Dickey's signs are up but the inside of the place is still bare.  

What is going in next to Morningside Bagels on Maumelle Boulevard?   The front of the space has been enclosed to make an outdoor patio area.  I'm thinking another Mexican restaurant but haven't read anything about a new restaurant.  There are plenty in that area anyway.  (Senor Tequila's, Casa Mexicana, and Mi Burrito are all right there.)

That is the old Art Group Maumelle space.  They moved to Pleasant Ridge Towncenter.  I did a search of plumbing records and it looks like it will be a place called Nashville Rockin' Grill. They have a handful of locations.

http://nashvillerockingrill.com/nlr.html

• 1 month later...

Sky Zone Maumelle is now closed.  Only lasted about 7 months.  The owner blamed the market.  I would blame the horrid location.  I lived in Maumelle for a while and could not tell you where it was located.  It was tucked away behind all the industrial stuff.  It is a wonder anyone found it for 7 months.  They cancelled all kinds of birthday parties and had to refund gift cards. 

Blame the market?  Right.  Why even put that in Maumelle in the first place, not to mention some back lot nowhere site.  Sky Zone is a big franchisee...I can't believe they made that decision about a location in the first place.  Of course, it also had competition from Altitude Trampoline Park in Little Rock.

Blame the market?  Right.  Why even put that in Maumelle in the first place, not to mention some back lot nowhere site.  Sky Zone is a big franchisee...I can't believe they made that decision about a location in the first place.  Of course, it also had competition from Altitude Trampoline Park in Little Rock.

I live in Maumelle also, near Jump Zone and I see the business that it does.  Putting it in Maumelle was not the problem.  Putting in that industrial location was.  No one knew where it was.  If it was in Little Rock, in a hidden location, it would have failed there also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...