Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Olio. Like the others, it was not there long. Since the robbery and murders in Dec 1982, nothing has been able to make a go of it in that building. That's a shame. I don't about the other places in that space, but we ate at I Bambini a couple of times and it was great. No disrespect to the people bringing in Pancho Villa's but I hate to lose an Italian place for yet another Mexican place.

No disrespect to the people bringing in Pancho Villa's but I hate to lose an Italian place for yet another Mexican place.

I agree, no disrespect either, but it seems EVERY shopping center in Winston-Salem has some type of Mexican eatery located there. Not to mention the freestanding Mexican restaurants. And the menus are basically carbon copies of one another. I would love to see more Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Phillipino, and Korean establishments. Even a middle eastern restaurant (one of the best meals I had in my life was at an Afghani restaurant in San Francisco) would be a nice change for the palate.

Given the building's location on Stratford and the jinxed location, who knows what will happen. Although there are other restaurants near it (Ham's, Stratford Station Grill), it is fairly far from all the new growth, and is very close to Mi Pueblo, the mecca of Mexican food in the Stratford area.

The I Bambini there was great--I took my sr. prom date there--felt pretty good after paying under $25 for a great dinner while my friends were emptying their wallets at Ryan's and the Chop House.

^ is this a new store or a relocation?

I'm not aware of Office Depot having a presence on Hanes Mall Blvd. I also am unaware if they are going to raze the exisiting space and rebuild or remodel the Food Lion section. If they were to relocate, I would say the Parkway Plaza store would be the store replaced.

I noticed last night that Office Depot is moving into the vacated Food Lion at the Pavilions at Highland Oaks on Hanes Mall Blvd.

Since Food Lion and CVS moved out Pavilions was turning into a ghost town--glad to see that the vacant space is being put to use. It sure will be easier to get to the Office Depot as opposed to the OfficeMax up near Chili's and the old Michael's.

a 112-room Hilton Garden Inn is planned for Little Creek with a groundbreaking set for this summer.

Kernel Kustard, a chicago style coffee shop, is also planned for Little Creek.

Cactus Jack's on Deacon Blvd, which recently closed, has been purchased. no word what is planned for the site.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pretty thorough renovation, the first in 17 years. Just about all the interior lighiting has been replaced, with new floors and walls throughout. Departments are being moved and some are being combined. For example, all the shoe departments are going to be upstairs instead of spread out in three different places.

I had an old store directory from 1990 at one point; it was gray and mauve just like the ones they have at the escalators (for now). Who knows where that's at now. :(

Can you summarize what the article said? It's gone now from their website... :(

That's odd. Try this link: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1Y1-105126082.html

New Clothes: J.C. Penney at Hanes Mall Getting a Big Makeover, Its First in 17 Years

Winston-Salem Journal

Apr. 11--Shoppers at the J.C. Penney store at Hanes Mall will encounter changes over the next four months.

The store is getting a makeover costing more than $3 million, including a new escalator. The store hasn't had a major renovation in 17 years, not since Hanes Mall expanded in 1990.

Edit: Please do not post entire articles; refer to the rules. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

just curious...but what is the large building next to the new fresh market on robinhood supposed to be...i think it was in the pics and i was over there this weekend and saw it but didnt see any signs indicating what it was.

i was on the website for The Shoppes at Little Creek and found that it has a SprinHIll Suites and a Hilton Garden Inn planned for the village

I also heard news of a PF Changs there as well but it isnt from the most trusted source

• 1 month later...

A "Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill" Restaurant is planning on opening at Little Creek. It will feature a Colorado Ski lodge motif with exposed beams and an open kitchen.

Also, 5 acres has been sold at the intersection of NC 150 and Hickory Tree Rd for a new Sheetz Convenience Center and a McDonald's.

WSJ Article about retail developments

• 1 month later...

Archived