Hanes Mall Boulevard & Stratford Road

twincity

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the following document, the Wal-Mart on Kester Mill is up for sale at $23.03 million:

http://www.cityfeet.com/PressRelease/Press...ath=&Id=890

Even though the Kester Mill store is 4,847 sf larger than the SC and OH locations, ours is valued $2.16 million higher. I do like though how they reference 'Charlotte, SC' in the information on the SC store in that article. Better not tell the Charlotte folks, they'll be up in arms!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sam's Club will be getting a $1.2 million renovation over the next few months due to the company's transition to make the brand upscale to compete against the likes of Target and other big-box stores. The renovation will include a new cafe at the front, additional fresh-meat cases for expanded selection, an expanded produce cooler, additional rotisserie ovens to meet sales demands, and updated restrooms and front-end registers. The store will also update its signage to this:

SamsClub_Logo_4CP_OL.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Om Indian Groceries is now open at 1575 Hanes Mall Blvd (shopping center next to CookOut). The store offers a variety of Indian groceries such as fresh goat, lamb, chicken turia, dudhi, and karela. It also has ready-to-eat foods, such as curries and samosas.

10 am to 8 pm

336-794-8000

• 2 weeks later...

First I must say that this forum has been pretty D-E-A-D dead.

I have recently learned that the Comport Inn across from Baptist and near Stratford will be renovated before being turned into a Holiday Inn Express. This is definitely good news although I have no knowledge on when the change will take place.

I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to check in. I should be on here more in the coming weeks.

Good news about the Holiday Inn Express and renovations! The hotel has already added some new decorative stucco additions to the exterior of the building.

Freeman plans to add 266 upscale apartments to Little Creek. Im assuming they will be built on that swath of land he recently purchased behind the Garden Inn.

Negotiations with Broyhill Furniture fell through, but Freeman is now in talks with another furniture chain for the same lot. a Rooms-To-Go would be nice.

Thank you for the update! Here are some other facts worth mentioning:

Little Creek

• The entrance walls (guide signs) are up.
  • At least six of the 20-30 buildings are built.
  • AT&T has already opened.
  • Another restaurant is expected to open up next to Firebirds.
  • Five Guys Burgers will open next month.
  • Hilton Garden Inn will have 112 rooms and 2,500 square feet of meeting space.
  • SpringHill Suites will have 95 rooms with an indoor pool and fitness center.

St. George Square

• Ombu will open in late July.
  • The developers have commissioned a local artist, Duncan Lewis, to create a sculpture for the project.

Shoppes on Hanes Mall Boulevard

• Ramey Kemp & Associates has opened up above Starbucks.
  • 700 square feet remains for office tenants.

I find this quote very interesting: "We believe very passionately about giving the Triad a first-class dining and shopping experience, so we're planning very carefully the aesthetics involved with...St. George Square." Oh really? :huh: Those tacky window overhangs clash horribly with the tan EIFS they used on the exterior of the building fronting HMB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this supposed to have a Tuscan theme to it?

The article also mentions that there will be 20-30 buildings on the Little Creek site when completed. On the Freeman Commercial site they only list 18 sites available at this time. Where will these buildings be located? Like TwinCity mentioned, there is that additional land that Freeman purchased behind the current project. Or could they be across the street where the powerlines cross over? The following map displays the current land available along Hanes Mall Boulevard:

Untitled-6.jpg

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/ju...o-plazas-grow-/

http://www.freemancommercial.com/LittleCre...evelopment.htm#

• 3 weeks later...

A great article explaining the history of Hanes Mall Boulevard:

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/ju...-paradise/?news

Now that the road is close to being built at, what happens now? Will developers (a) buy up old properties close to the road and redevelop them, (b) build up existing land with parking decks with residential units and more retail space, or © put future retail in once thriving commercial districts (downtown, Peters Creek, etc.).

Little Creek and St. George are nice designs....I hope they can live up to their potential. I could see a Crate & Barrel at Little Creek where Bassett furniture was supposed to be, or a Restoration Hardware. I could also PF Changes at St. George on the corner where that rotunda is. I would also like to see some small privately owned boutiques....to support small business.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived