The Floridan

Florida

Pre Apps are Pre Applications for Permitting. They are tools used by developers to see how their projects would work under given permitting regulations. Its a good time for them to go back to the drawing board and fix problems with the project if any exist. The next step would be an application for permit or PUD.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm very interested. Where in todays paper was this preview located?

TJ, there was no preview in Thursday's paper. However, there was an announcement in the bottom right corner of the front page about an upcoming article in this coming Sunday's paper as SPC pointed out.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure exactly how Tally planning works, it's different in every city. Is this submittable only for the zoning change or is it a site plan approval too? I think it's just a zoning change which they'll need first anyway. Nonetheless it's good to see progress.

Notice that the 6 Story bldg. at the old Westwood Plaza (corner of Ocala and P'cola) is coming in for a height allowance from 4 to 6 stories.

Also included is the BB&T bank at the corner of Park & B'stone. I'm kinda of sad to see all those trees removed from that corner for just ANOTHER one story simple bank. If you are gonna remove all those trees at such a high profile corner, I wish it could be for something more impressive. The Publix shopping center isn't even leased out yet.

If I remember correctly, an article a few months ago about the Governor Crossing's Shopping center indicated that only three more spaces were left. At the time, they had listed Panera, Bamboo Wok and a nail place. Now there is a Supercuts coming and something called American Homestore (I think that's the name). So it looks like that shopping center is gettting filled...

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say I counted 11. But I was on the opposite corner of the sign, and could have double counted or missed a floor. Does that mean Im getting old?

You maybe correct because was estimate was 11 stories also. I was in the middle lane traveling east on Tennessee and was just sitting and waiting for the traffic light to change from red to green. I was approaching count number 9 when the light changed so I could have over estimated the last two stories. That corner needs something desperately and I'll be excited to see the dirt turning at this site.

In that case I believe it is 10 stories.

Okay. The preliminary reports indicated that the office building would be ~ 90,000 square feet, but now there are reports stating ~100,000 square feet. Not sure if the new reports are erroneous or not, but they (and my estimated count of the floors on the rendering) are the reason why I was thinking more like 11 stories to account for the additional square footage.

^Oh. I was just going by the visual representation in the rendering, but I suppose anyone can count floors. My bad.

Well no, you may actually be correct. I drove by this morning and noticed that 90,000 sq ft was written on the billboard and this time I only counted 10 floors. But I'm still not sure. Of course, this is all small talk because I'm happy with 10 or 11 floors. I don't understand why the billboard is so small, especially for a project of this importance.

Archived