The Floridan

Florida

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I've got bad news concerning this project and all other projects w/in the two CRA's in town. Due to the FL Supreme Court ruling on TIFF's which extends to funds for CRA's, The Floridan and Aloft Projects are on hold b/c the parking they are required to have will be in the parking garage which will be using some CRA funds. The same goes for the private convention hotel that is proposed for Madison St. Until this ruling is clarified, there will be no progress on these projects. Alliance Center will continue since it's privately funded only. I obtained this info. from the "horse's mouth" so to speak. This problem is occurring throughout the State.

Not good news at all. :(

I spoke to a "horse" myself last week regarding the ruling and they didn't mention any delay for this project as a result of the ruling but spoke of a delay for the office tower component of this project because of the difficulty finding quality tenants to lease the space with all of the competition in the downtown office market.

My horse probably had far less hair than your horse Poonther.

I really hope your horse is correct and mine is not. I did specifically asked about the Aloft and my horse stated that was put on hold too.

You know more horses than I do, so if you get a chance mosey on over to the corral and ask some of the other horses to verify this for us b/c if it's true, it's bad news.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought this was pretty nifty, Apparently Jim and Milts grabbed a piece of Tallahassee History and our displaying it on their wall.

The same Information Display in the pics posted by florida once hanging in the Floridan Hotel now has its home at a Local BBQ joint.

8dzokzk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

McKibbon Looking to Go Green with Hotels

Two properties earn Green Lodge designations

SPECIAL TO BUSINESS MATTERS

McKibbon Hotel Management Inc. has announced its first two properties to achieve Florida Green Lodge designations from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection . Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North at I-10 and Capital Circle and the Residence Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North , also at I-10 and Capital Circle, were granted the designation.

"We are proud of our McKibbon associates for their hard work in achieving this important designation," said John McKibbon , McKibbon Hotel Management's CEO. "The practices implemented through the DEP's comprehensive requirements make sense not only in helping to preserve our natural resources and attract environmentally responsible business partners, but also in running our hotels more efficiently and cost effectively. We look forward to achieving Green Lodging status with other McKibbon properties throughout the state."

The Florida Green Lodging Program was launched in 2004 to establish environmental guidelines for conservation and clean air in the hospitality industry. Certification is based on water and energy conservation, waste minimization, recycling, indoor air quality, environmentally preferable purchasing, pollution prevention and program sustainability.

Source: TDO.com

• 2 months later...

Archived