240 Ionia - New Development

GRDadof3

Site Plan. It does pretty much fill up the entire lot, which is good. The parkers at Purple East will have to look at a big wall, but there shouldn't be a surface lot there anyway. :angry:

412779428_6783b0d51e_o.jpg

No insider info Joe. They have a request in the Planning Commission agenda for a few minor items (less parking than what is required is one of them :yahoo: )

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late in this forum, just recently saw the renderings. Very cool! This would be a sweet high rise (twice as high as the renderings?), I think I like the rendering better than Riverhouse. I hope it gets built!

They're still clearing Joe. For some reason I have a good feeling about this project. It's a GREAT looking design. In fact, the cornice work echoes some of the features on the building on Commerce that Mel Trotter is currently using (which is actually a pretty cool looking building):

454264013_50b8e8f368_b.jpg

411638324_231d0162ec.jpg

454252599_dd0eb42059_b.jpg

As they said in some interview, they are a bunch of people nobody would really care about (I liked that). Just people investing in the city.

I hope this building sells. I really like it too. Anyone know the current count? Weren't they at 20 / 70 a couple weeks ago?

Joe

The fact that it has some ground-level activity puts it miles ahead of most other developments in the city. I can give Riverhouse and Icon a pass to some extent since one is sort of an island on the other side of the river and the other is a block away from what should be a major store-lined street (Monroe). That doesn't mean I like it, just that I'm not going to whine too loudly about it. Ionia really is a street where street-level activity should be required. And with all the nighttime activity there now it would probably be foolish to build something there that didn't include it. If Tall House moves forward as well (no guarantees, just hopeful thinking) then Ionia would really be sweet.

Archived