240 Ionia - New Development

GRDadof3

Just looked at the website again, they finally have floorplans available for download. The work/live spaces seem pretty cool, I imagine the cost is pretty high though. Anyone know what the rooms on the balconies are? Storage? Grilling? can't figure it out.

240 floorplans

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Observations about the plans...

1) On the "Live/Work" floors, why aren't there doors between the "Live" units and "Work" units? It seems that someone could purchase a "Work" unit without purchasing a "Live" unit, because they aren't connected. Doesn't that defeat the concept of "Live/Work"

2) I'm amazed at the complexity of the 4-11 plans, that is, how intertwined each of the units are. The folks over at Concept Design must have put some serious time into laying that out. Not a single unit on a floor is the same. Certainly there has to be more cost to the developer, right? It's going to be more complex for the builder to build. It also means that there is an increased amount of demising walls between units. Demising walls are more costly to construct because of sound attenuation levels that need to be achieved. The layout seems to just be a product of the architect designing the exterior first and then cramming everything inside to fit.

3) Curved balconies on the Penthouse level? Where does that design language come from? Everything else on the whole project is rectilinear.

Observations about the plans...

1) On the "Live/Work" floors, why aren't there doors between the "Live" units and "Work" units? It seems that someone could purchase a "Work" unit without purchasing a "Live" unit, because they aren't connected. Doesn't that defeat the concept of "Live/Work"

MagicPak my rump, that type is what The Globe uses, can you say hello to my $170 electric bill for June for a 1 bedroom apartment! They are very inefficient, we would have been better off with central air for the building and splitting it.

Wow... any idea how old your unit is? We use those in almost every multi-family housing project we design and we have never heard of units using that much electricity. Sounds like your unit has major pressure and sealing issues to me. From a management point of view, a common system is a nightmare and they are unfair to residents that may not want to use A/C or like to keep their unit cooler in the winter. Why should I pay the same heating bill if I keep my unit at like 65 degrees as someone that cranks the heat at 76??

If I was paying that much for electricity, I'd be contacting maintenance to have them come take a look...

They're claiming 24 reservations since they started selling in February (6 months basically). I'd say that's pretty good. You won't see any more action on the site probably until they have enough reservations to start turning them into purchase agreements to get their 50% sold mark. Can't start construction until then.

Someone may have vandalized the signs, who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So what's the deal with this project? Have they sold anymore units? This is such a neat development, I think the height and concept are perfect for the area. I'd rather see this get built than Tall House, which also looks like it's dead. Does anyone think if one project is cancelled the other will see an increase in sales and possibly get built? Which one would you rather see built? If both of these are cancelled I wouldn't be too upset as long as something bigger and better came along that the market could support.

Both 240 Ionia & Tall House have had nothing occur with them for months now, they both are projects that I was looking forward to seeing go up this year, but I havn't even heard news one way or the other on them. Definatley interested to hear what's going on...

• 1 month later...

Archived