gs3

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The road race and tt course maps are now up on the US Pro website

http://www.usacyclingchampionships.com/

I am excited about that time trial course. They will be riding on some of the roads that I ride on my commute to work. That twisty downhill on Old Sulpher Springs will be an interesting section to watch.

With all the sidewalks in CU-ICAR, this is perfect for spectators. Question, though, as all the CU-ICAR roads are being used for the time trials, where will they have spectators park?

With all the sidewalks in CU-ICAR, this is perfect for spectators. Question, though, as all the CU-ICAR roads are being used for the time trials, where will they have spectators park?

Good question. Guess I'll have to ride my bike to the event. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well there are a couple of large parking lots and a huge parking garage...I guess if you were there you couldn't leave until the trials were finished, though! Are there no other ways into those lots from the back?

• 2 weeks later...

There was easy access to the parking garage, and there was plenty of room. The way it was set up, you could come and go at any time.

The event was a huge success, with David Zabriskie accomplishing a "three-peat", despite a back injury this past spring. :)

Steve Johnson announced afterward that the race will return to Greenville next year. :yahoo:

:yahoo: Excellent news!!!!!!

I've attended every year, but didn't today.....had friend having a major pool party and had to choose between the pool party and the US Pro. Chose the party. However, out and about for my morning jog, snapped some photos of locals on their bicycles....all excited about todays event.....getting ready for the event. So great to see the energy throughout the city for this event! :thumbsup:

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Yesterday's race had one of the closest finishes I've seen on anything (even closer than Michael Pehlps' Butterfly in Beijing). In the end, Boulder, CO's Tyler Hamilton won by 2/1000 of a second. WOW!

Here are a few of the 800+ photos I snapped:

2815810590_c1e5d1740d.jpg

2815821696_dd2ab0b409.jpg

2814976005_ff22291a45.jpg

2815830662_4ab1d653ea.jpg

#63 is Dave Zabriskie, 2006, 2007, and 2008 Time Trial Champion

2814985279_5dd75931d5.jpg

2814989859_de7109c51e.jpg

2814992931_5891f0675c.jpg

2815847532_a3a2de7e2d.jpg

• 1 month later...

The website for Rock Racing has already been updated with Tyler Hamilton's win. LOTS of great photos on their site from the event.

http://www.rockracing.com/home.php

Cool, I hadn't seen those shots on the Rock racing site until now. I am a little late to this thread, but I posted some of my shots on my site after the race.

http://bicycledesign.blogspot.com/2008/09/...ace-photos.html

I already can't wait for next year's race.

• 6 months later...

Archived