Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

The owner is in jail for fraud. I spoke with the broker on the property and he said Benchwarmers spent $250k on the interior of the building. So, it will be nice for the next group who tries to open there. They shut down all the Benchwarmers across the country and the business is now defunct.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-business/ci_15671642

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. I think we may be better off without this guy's business being in Fayetteville.

Yeah, can't argue with you there. Not sure if we really needed another restaurant of that type anyway. Comreguy mentioned $250k was put into that building. After reading that article hopefully everybody got paid for the work they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Marketplace Express on Joyce Blvd in Fayetteville officially closed it's doors today. It will re-open in Sept as Burger Life.

Actually I had sorta forgotten about the Marketplace Express. Guess I wasn't the only one. In other restaurant news, El Camino in south Fayetteville was hit by a truck. It's going to be temporarily closed until the damages have been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Some (caffeine) buzz: Arsagas announced opening a new store in Harber Meadows, in West Springdale. Projected opening in 3 months.

Cool, thanks for the update. Is this their first location outside of Fayetteville?

Looks like a HuHot Mongolian Grill will be opening on Joyce in Fayetteville. Somewhere around the old Shogun location I think. The address is 637 E. Joyce. I have never been to one of these but I have been to Ghengis Grill and I love it, so I hope it is similar.

Here is the website: HUHOT

Thanks for the info. I've seen some Chinese restaurants outside the area that had a Mongolian style grill incorporated into it. By the way Colby, nice to hear from you. :D

In other news I noticed while I was out on the trail system that Boi d'Ouro changed their name to The Golden Bull. Which actually I think is the English translation of the previous Portuguese name. Before I think they focused on Brazilian cuisine. But now I think the sign mentioned something about world cuisine. So maybe they're trying to branch out from the Brazilian.

The restaurant, Weeat at EJ Ball, has not opened.

The one they are discussing is the space at College and Center, caddy corner from Dam Goode Pies.

College and center, sorry guys!

I have eaten here a few times, not bad at all! I am a meat fan, but I don't even miss it when I eat there...

Blown away by marketplace express. I always thought they would have been better off serving the full menu. I really like the one in springdale.

in West Fork, there is a new BBQ place. "All American BBQ" If you ever make it out that way, this guy knows what he is doing. Excellent food, huge portions, low prices.

Cool, thanks for the update. Is this their first location outside of Fayetteville?

Thanks for the info. I've seen some Chinese restaurants outside the area that had a Mongolian style grill incorporated into it. By the way Colby, nice to hear from you. :D

Sorry, I'm kind of out of the loop down here so I have not had much to add lately. Glad you still remember me Rod!!

Marketplace Express on Joyce Blvd in Fayetteville officially closed it's doors today. It will re-open in Sept as Burger Life.

Went to Burger Life last week. Interesting concept; they hand you a write-on menu board and you pick your meat, bun, cheese, sauce, and toppings. Thousands of combinations, all your choice. I think I'm gonna have to keep going back until I find the perfect combo...

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Momma Dean's closed and then quickly reopened, the usual non-remittance of sales taxes.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/oct/13/anonymous-donor-helps-momma-deans-reopen/

I'd really miss this place if it closed, I'd like it to be around for at least 20 years and become an institution.

Yeah, nice that someone anonymously donated the money to help them reopen.

I guess, but it is sort of troubling that she collected these taxes from her customers and never remitted them to the state. It is, in a sense, stealing.

I certainly see your point. While you can point out there's a sickly person involved that helps complicates matters. You can't really use that as an excuse.

Looks like TCBY and Qdoba are opening new restaurants in Rogers, AR near the Promenade, per the Benton County Daily Record. Same TCBY guy that won the free franchise contest.

Heard about that today. A while back ago there had been a lot of rumors about another Qdoba location in the area. Guess they're finally following through. I know the economy didn't help. But those rumors went back well before then. I had wondered if Flying Burritos strong growth had pushed them back some. I've heard some disappointed that the TCBY franchise isn't going to Fayetteville. That was the city they had been looking at. Although you have to be honest, there's quite a bit of competition in Fayetteville. But that's not to say there isn't a decent amount of competition in the rest of the area. Supposedly they're still looking to open a future franchise in Fayetteville though.

Heard about that today. A while back ago there had been a lot of rumors about another Qdoba location in the area. Guess they're finally following through. I know the economy didn't help. But those rumors went back well before then. I had wondered if Flying Burritos strong growth had pushed them back some. I've heard some disappointed that the TCBY franchise isn't going to Fayetteville. That was the city they had been looking at. Although you have to be honest, there's quite a bit of competition in Fayetteville. But that's not to say there isn't a decent amount of competition in the rest of the area. Supposedly they're still looking to open a future franchise in Fayetteville though.

Wasn't most of their campaigning for the contest done in Fayetteville? Seems like they are using the support that they received from Fayetteville residents to open shop in Benton County.

Wasn't most of their campaigning for the contest done in Fayetteville? Seems like they are using the support that they received from Fayetteville residents to open shop in Benton County.

My understanding is that there was a desire to locate in Fayetteville, but there wasn't quality available real estate. Don't think there was a conspiracy to use the Fayetteville people. Seems far fetched...

Archived