Why so little in this forum?

jbrown84

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends on how many forumers there are from each state that have an interest in discussing the issues facing their state. Population and/or size have nothing really to do with it, otherwise California and Texas would dominate the board while places like Rhode Island and Connecticut would have very little representation. However, the case at this board is clearly the opposite.

Don't be too depressed, though, more forumers from your state will probably join as the time goes by.

It would be nice to see some more Oklahoma forumers out there, so get out and spread the word when you can! That always helps.

Hope that helps :) Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Yeah it looks like Arkansas actually has more than 4 times the replies that the Texas forum has.

Fromdust is a big poster in the Oklahoma forum, he usually here a lot. I'll be sure to help out in this forum with some Tulsa projects and such.

The Arkansas Forum is really busy, because there's just some really prolific posters (i.e. Me and Mith242).

Yeah the Arkansas forum was a pretty slow place at first too. Sometimes I felt I was simply posting to myself. But I kept posting away hoping it might draw in some people who might do some 'searches' on topics I mentioned. Not sure if that's what brought people in but it slowly picked up. Then Matt showed up and we can post quite a bit talking and discussing topics. But not everyone is that way. We still have people on the forum who showup every once in a while or people who visit regularly but may only post once in a blue moon.

Oklahoma has a fair amount of other forums, which cuts into the activity here, but with your help UrbanPlanet can be THE place to discuss Oklahoma. Sometimes things can seem slow, and it can be frustrating, but persistance goes along way in building a forum base.

Other states have just had more interest before Oklahoma. It does not mean that Oklahoma can't be one of UrbanPlanet's more active subforums!

I'm sure the Oklahoma forum can turn into something great. Especially if even more forumers from OKC and Tulsa join, because im sure there is plenty going on in both cities at the moment.

The Louisiana forum isnt extremely active either, but were getting close to our 1000th reply. So just keep posting, and eventually more forumers will come.

Archived