The Best College Rivalry

GvilleSC

Succop's field goal was right down the middle, that's just sour grapes. Just about every break went Clemson's way today and you still couldn't win. Face it, Spurrier is going to turn USC into a power and Clemson fans are worried, big time. Greenville, you're condescending attitude is typical of Clemson fans, but Carolina fans know who the class of the state is and it's in Columbia.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to the Gamecocks. You guys definitely outplayed us today and deserved to win. We had some big plays and had some guys step up in opportunistic fashion, but even as a Clemson fan it was obvious that SC dominated most of the game.

I was surprised that the game was so high scoring, especially since Clemson's defense was one of the best in the country. I don't know what happened to us, but today was a great example of momentum. Clemson had a better season overall, but for the last month the Gamecocks seemed to be hitting their stride - despite losing some of those games to highly-ranked opponents. Clemson wasn't ready and SC capitalized.

In a way, I am happy for Gamecock fans. They are used to looking up to Clemson in athletics, academics, and prestige. Today, they made their statement and I look forward to the upcoming basketball game as well as next year's football game.

After reading some of these posts, I'm actually embarrassed to say I live in this state. If our "best" members on this forum can act like such immature children about a completely unimportant game (in the grand scheme of life), our future is in serious trouble.

Spartan, what happened to the rule about posting blatantly large and obnoxious text? Waccamatt, Your comments were just as condescending as the one you have accused. We have important topics to discuss, and this rivalry should not stand between us and positive progression. :rolleyes:

You’re kidding right? We do not look up to Clemson in academics and prestige we look down on them, with our law center, nationally ranked business school, medicine, and pharmacy schools, performing arts, journalism school and a bio research center which is expanding I could keep going some 350 programs to name. USC tends to produce the white collar workers and Clemson the high paid blue collar workers to low white collar workers. Clemson is a strong agriculture based school and has conformed around that which is why is appeals so strongly the backwater farmers and the red necks of South Carolina, clearly look at all the jacked up big wheeled trucks with the huge whip antenna that hit the traffic lights as they past underneath and chances are extremely high they have a camo Clemson hat or a tiger paw on their back window. So get the fact right we may "look up to you in FOOTBALL" but no way do we look to Clemson for academics and prestige. Thanks for my morning laugh I need it.

I think some people need to lighten up a little. Life is way to short to take all of this seriously. Clemson and Carolina are both good schools, and when you have a rivalry with a lopsided football win-loss record like this one, you should expect some good natured ribbing. I personally plan to take my year of bragging rights and make the most of it.

As I said before, Clemson played well, and it was not an easy win. The game could have easily tipped towards Clemson points-wise.

Succop's field goal was right down the middle, that's just sour grapes. Just about every break went Clemson's way today and you still couldn't win. Face it, Spurrier is going to turn USC into a power and Clemson fans are worried, big time. Greenville, you're condescending attitude is typical of Clemson fans, but Carolina fans know who the class of the state is and it's in Columbia.

You’re kidding right? We do not look up to Clemson in academics and prestige we look down on them, with our law center, nationally ranked business school, medicine, and pharmacy schools, performing arts, journalism school and a bio research center which is expanding I could keep going some 350 programs to name. USC tends to produce the white collar workers and Clemson the high paid blue collar workers to low white collar workers. Clemson is a strong agriculture based school and has conformed around that which is why is appeals so strongly the backwater farmers and the red necks of South Carolina, clearly look at all the jacked up big wheeled trucks with the huge whip antenna that hit the traffic lights as they past underneath and chances are extremely high they have a camo Clemson hat or a tiger paw on their back window. So get the fact right we may "look up to you in FOOTBALL" but no way do we look to Clemson for academics and prestige. Thanks for my morning laugh I need it.

And my response to the academic subject is this:

During a job interview (over the phone) with newell-rubbermaid, which is based out of Boston, they asked me what my hometown was. I said it was in between Clemson and Greenville. His response was "Where is Clemson." I said, "well, you know, Clemson University." And he said, "never heard of it... is it in SC?"

Can we please just close this thread, its not going anywhere good.

What an odd game, even though I didn't think the cocks were going to be able to pull it off, despite stastically beating the tigers squarely - they did. I still wouldn't be confidant about Spurrier, I think on several occasions he could have nearly lost the game to the Tigers. The cocks simply played better than the Tigers with or without Spurrier.

I would wait on uncorking the bottle of champagne for Spurrier, considering that previous bottle of champagne was a dud (Holtz).

Once again, sorry but I was right behind the field goal post, it was no good. Find some Carolina fans who sat on the hill, they agreed. Maybe it was the dirty air that impaired your vision to your tv screen, because my view was not hindered. So, once again, you go find a replay and tell me it was down the middle, because it was to the left and just outside of the post. :shades:

What a bunch of sore losers (not all, but many). Yall Clemson fans can dish it out, but you can't take it. Carolina won, plain and simple. The kick was good, the official weren't paid, so stop with the lame excuses. Do you really think that you can see better standing on "the hill" than the refs and all the camera angles, please. I'm sure I'll hear many more excuses at work on Monday. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I thought it was a great game on both sides. USC beat Clemson on the ground and in the air, even after giving Clemson so many breaks. One of the craziest games I've see in a while.

GO COCKS!!!!

OK, Virginia Tech. When the Gamecocks can come back from a 28-14 deficit and win the game against anyone who's any good, it should be an indication that a new era has begun, and when it is against Clemson, who for whatever reason they've had a psychological thing with, Gamecock football has arrived. And about the bowl - there you go living in the past again. Clemson needs to worry about its bowl, which won't be as important as it would have been if the Cocks hadn't won, and let USC worry about its.

Apparently what could be described a sore loser, a Clemson fan refused to pay his debt on a wager of this game of $20. He said the Tigers should not have lost. So the party he made the bet with pulled out his rifle and said he was going to shoot him if he did not pay up. The loser in the bet jumped up and down and said "You can't shoot me, I'm invisible." Bamm! He was shot and killed by the winner of the bet.

This occurred in Lexington near Columbia. The story was reported on the front page of the Charlotte Observer this morning.

Archived