Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that is a very minor-looking minor league ballpark. I was hoping for something even remotely more like the Dr. Pepper ballpark in Frisco, TX. It looks like there will only be a typical concession stand and the covered bleachers and the rest is just a natural setting. At least the Dr. Pepper ballpark is more park-like.

www.minorleaguebaseball.com (RichBaseball.com) has a new 3d video tour of the new Springdale ballpark. It still looks like a boring ballpark.

Also, if you haven't done so already, vote for the new team's name. Even if you've already submitted a team name you still need to vote from the top selections. The selections are as follows:

Anglers

Bass

Highlanders

Monarchs

Naturals

Ridge Runners

Thunder Chickens

I don't know Springdale's ballpark doesn't seem disappointing to me. But I guess I didn't expect anything huge or grand. Our metro is by the far the smallest metro to have a Texas League team. I guess I just didn't expect us to have a park a lot like some of the larger Texas League metros. The video helped show the layout. Although I wish they'd put out some more realistic looking renderings so we would have a better idea of what it's really going to look like.

I respect your opinion. It may look better in reality than a 3d render, but I was hoping for more.

BTW... if you haven't already, go to www.minorleaguebaseball.com and vote for one of the team name top picks. I just got about 12 people at my office to vote for anything but the Blunder Chickens... oops I meant Thunder. :whistling:

I don't know Springdale's ballpark doesn't seem disappointing to me. But I guess I didn't expect anything huge or grand. Our metro is by the far the smallest metro to have a Texas League team. I guess I just didn't expect us to have a park a lot like some of the larger Texas League metros. The video helped show the layout. Although I wish they'd put out some more realistic looking renderings so we would have a better idea of what it's really going to look like.

Why do you say that but have vote Springdale Monarchs in your sig and have it larger than the other names? :D

Thunder Chickens is funny and it does seem fitting for Springdale. But I can also say I won't buy any team merchandise with the name Thunder Chickens either. Personally I like the Monarchs name, you can go off the natural aspect by having a monarch butterfly and you can also use the other meaning and have it relate to the Royals as well. But I wouldn't have any problems with the Naturals either.

Dr. Pepper ballpark, since comparisons may be unavoidable.

Gang, the DP ballpark in Frisco may be one of a kind but...I see a lot of potential in the drawings (so far) of the Springdale ballpark.

The "chicken house" look is gone...they heard "us" out there on that aspect of the design, apparently.

And, JMO, the environment that I've witnessed around big companies, as NWA cities are built around, is that, in the words of a former supervisor at Coca-Cola/Atlanta: "Everybody's always trying to impress somebody."

I just get this feeling that neither HOK, nor Mr. Glass, nor the Royals organization, nor the Texas League, want this to be a "half-vast" project. Remember the little pitched battle there was for people to try to bring in a minor league team here in the spring before the Wranglers officially moved?

There's a lot of $$$ around here, and when that place opens next year I feel very confident the powers-that-be there want jaws to drop because visitors are in awe of that place, modern-day NWA's apparent first building of any kind dedicated to some type of pro team. They DON'T want said customers to stand there, mouths wide open, silently mouthing "Is that all?"

I'm going to give these people my confidence that they'll dazzle us on this one.

Thanks, I found it. The ballpark is a bit plain. The parking lot and area leading to the stadium is nice, but the stadium itself doesn't have anything to make it stand out. Hopefully they will add some banners or something above the luxury suites.

It's not that people don't care here. I think it has more to do with the fact that Texas is a much larger, richer more powerful state than Arkansas. Despite NWA and central Arkansas, the state still ends up near the bottom in most categories. This metro is still rather new to 'semi-pro' teams. Considering that and the rising costs of construction I just think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a large extravagant ballpark. I don't think our metro has proven anything about how successful some of these teams will be.

There are bad aspects to Texas too. But seriously it's hard to compare our two states. Texas is obviously much larger than us. I think Texas really took off after the oil industry developed. I think that had a really big effect on them. They made good use of their opportunities as well.

Archived