Lansing Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather was horrible, today, but I decided to test out my new camera. It gives me better panorama's than my old camera could. I could have did this one better, but it works:

357464954_8491a479b9_b.jpg

And, the new Sparrow Hospital West Wing Expansion Tower:

357488311_6834b18ebc_o.jpg

Looking over the Stadium District construction site...

357464951_50d5e1e73e_o.jpg

357464948_e185bac9af_o.jpg

Edited by Lmichigan

It's been awhile since I've been on the board, I need to get some pics up. Lmich, you found excellent photos of downtown from 496. I'm impressed someone got that elusive shot. Every time I see your posts I get a little laugh out of it because the thoughts and opinions behind them mirror mine so much.

That's funny. For a design of its time, it seems rather ordinary and typical to me, nothing so out there that it would garner much attention for either being great or horrible.

Let me tell you, though, the interior of both the downtown precinct and city hall are in some pretty horrible shape. I've heard they even have problems with roaches. Outside of that, the place is crowded with file cabinents being store right out in the middle of hallways, at times.

There was talk some years back about a new city hall, but that was before we knew just how fast the city and tax base was shrinking.

That's always been my thought, too. It would make excellent student housing being so close to the college. And, the renovations to it wouldn't be anything major as most all of the damage is smoke damage, only, and only on a few floors.

Anyway, it was reported, today, that Bernero wants to move the downtown library and Impession 5 children's museum to the site of Oliver Towers, so it looks like that plan for the city hall is effectively dead.

Photo for today...

St. Johns, Michigan (county seat of Clinton County) from above. There is something so unsettling to me about small towns being surrounded by farmlands. Kind of depressing. lol

54304167_70e1c4f585_b.jpg

Paladin27 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/paladin27/

Edited by Lmichigan

Anyway, it was reported, today, that Bernero wants to move the downtown library and Impession 5 children's museum to the site of Oliver Towers, so it looks like that plan for the city hall is effectively dead.

I would hardly call plans for a new city hall dead, at least not as a result of this proposal. That piece of land is more than large enough for the main library, Impression 5 and a new city hall, in fact it could probably fit a new R E Olds museum too. Of course thats all assuming the buildings are built to be multi-story structures built relatively close to the street.

It's a good picture, I'm just not a big fan of farming communities.

Hasn't the Duffy Daugherty Football Building been expanded before?

They added the indoor practice field (big white building) in 1982 and added a student athlete academic center in 2002.

The football offices and athlete compliance offices were very much undersized.