Lansing Photo of the Day

Allan

Love the photo Eridony! The parking ramps provide great views, but it is hard to get good lighting from there because of the southern face of the sun.

Thanks, the lighting that day was bad in all directions with the gloomy weather that day. I love the views you get up there though.

I got lured in today on the way home from the Y. Probably the blue sky...

2269607766_5f11268358_o.jpg

That's the coolest photo I've ever seen of that plant. The river makes the photo, it looks so angry!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was over at Moorse Park two weekends ago and I was shocked at how high the river was! It's always high this time of year, but all the extra snow is really showing up down there. the fishing pier next to the canoe landing was under water. In the 3 years since it was built, I cannot remember it being that high (excluding the spring thaw).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love those pics of the old part of the MSU campus. The campus really is lovely, and prettier than almost any part of the Central Campus of my alma mater in Ann Arbor.

Thanks! That's a big compliment from a U of M grad! I love MSU, but when I think of why I love it I always remember North campus. I try to block out the post WWII south campus. I lived in North Campus for three years and some of the buildings are even more amazing on the inside.

Thanks! That's a big compliment from a U of M grad! I love MSU, but when I think of why I love it I always remember North campus. I try to block out the post WWII south campus. I lived in North Campus for three years and some of the buildings are even more amazing on the inside.

You are very welcome. Yeah, post World War II campus architecture is horrendous, whether in Cambridge, Westwood, East Lansing or Ann Arbor. Fortunately, the Michigan Business School, a building that I thought Albert Speer could have designed had he had a branch office in the States, was recently demolished. Unfortunately, South Quad and Bursley Hall remain to blight the Ann Arbor landscape.

You are very welcome. Yeah, post World War II campus architecture is horrendous, whether in Cambridge, Westwood, East Lansing or Ann Arbor. Fortunately, the Michigan Business School, a building that I thought Albert Speer could have designed had he had a branch office in the States, was recently demolished. Unfortunately, South Quad and Bursley Hall remain to blight the Ann Arbor landscape.

LOL, I never saw that building but comparing its design to an Albert Speer building really makes me curious. I was only on UofM's campus once but I was very impressed by some of the buildings I saw. I remember the Union, the Law Quad, and I think an engineering building were very attractive. On the other side of things though I remember seeing this building, I think it was Administration, that possible looked worse than MSU's Admin.

Not to stray off the topic of this thread, here are a couple more photos.

2332055488_913195e393_o.jpg

2332055468_ec0c8d8961_b.jpg

My home for three years:

2331227009_5e735a301a_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't plan on visiting Lansing over the weekend but I woke up Sunday to see a perfect summer day. When I think of places to be on summer days like that I either think of Lansing or the beach, and since Lake Michigan is probably still pretty cold I got in my car and drove to Lansing. I took about 800 pictures in Lansing/EL/MSU and I've just started uploading the better ones on to Flickr.

Here are a couple from the set.

2544834107_6b3758c17a_b.jpg

this may not be pretty, but I liked finding a billboard with the old name still.

2545648372_9040c364ae_b.jpg

2544859271_cbee8259ca_b.jpg

PS - Beatnick: I didn't see your picture until today but I took the same shot yesterday, including the Allegan Street sign as well.

• 4 weeks later...