Cosmo 418

vdogg

What is their reason? Shouldn't they have to give a better one than, "It looks like a toothpick?" I hope the developer holds onto the property, leaving it vacant is better than handing it over to the city for a future POS building. And what happened to promoting minority developers...? I'd hate to stereotype, but the guy's name is Ahmed H. Hassan. I guess you have to be a black millionaire who only develops hideous buildings to be considered a minority by the council.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all goes back to what scm was saying about lack of innovation. It's not so much that we don't have enough creative people to innovate, its that we do not have the type of environment that fosters innovation. When creative projects like this are shot down so summarily, it can be very intimidating to others who wish to do something new and unique but don't want all their efforts to go to waste. I will write yet another letter to city council. It isn't the first time, and most likely won't be my last, but I have to have some manner in which to voice my frustration with their lack of decision making skills. This was totally private investment, no strings, no subsidy. I just don't get it! :angry:

These are the kind of people who think painting the walls in their house off-white is radical. I wonder if those who voted against this building have ever been outside of Virginia. Other cities across the country are building amazing architecture, but these people can't even get past brown boxes. Maybe arcstudio will do something like this in Portsmouth or VB.

What are the potential ways to challenge a councils decision? Is there an appeal process? Can they sue? If If the city wants that land so bad I say that arcstudio just jacks up the price as high as possible. Oh wait, nevermind, the city would just use eminent domain and take their land for a pittance. <_<

What are the potential ways to challenge a councils decision? Is there an appeal process? Can they sue? If If the city wants that land so bad I say that arcstudio just jacks up the price as high as possible. Oh wait, nevermind, the city would just use eminent domain and take their land for a pittance. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived