Greenville Drive Baseball

If anybody has kids between the ages of 5 and 10, the Greenville Drive and Erwin-Penland will be conducting a photo shoot for this upcoming season's ad campaign at the Warehouse Theatre this coming Saturday from 8am - 4pm.

I took my daughter to this photo shoot this afternoon. It was great! I'm not sure how many people turned out in the end, but we were #35 at 1pm and the shoot was only going to last until 4pm. They dressed the kids up in baseball attire and had them pose in various batting/fielding/sliding poses for an ad campaign that will resemble baseball cards with kids on them. Erwin Penland / Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos seemed to be running the show and Greenville Drive GM Mike deMaine was there taking it all in as well. The kids (mine at least ... I didn't see the others) really seemed to ham it up for the camera and have fun with it. It sounds like they may call some of the kids back for a tv commercial in March/April, too. That'd be a gas! :shades:

I'm happy to see that the ad campaign is going to focus on kids and families this year. That's who the whole game is about anyway. :thumbsup:

I got this email from my inquiry into individual tickets:

Individual game tickets will go on sale on March 18 at which point you can

purchase them online, over the phone, and in person.

Thanks Sandlapper!

I saw a commercial for Greenville Drive tickets last night on WYFF. I guess they're trying to get some hype going before they go on sale.

Thanks, Sandlapper! :thumbsup:

Brenda Yoder had told me when I stopped in the Drive Store downtown that they were getting a late start on ticket sales due to the new ballpark being constructed. She didn't have a date at that time, so it's great to finally have a date to circle on my calendar! :yahoo:

Most other teams in the South Atlantic League sell their tickets beginning February 25th. Brenda, incidentally, has just left the Greenville Drive (after 10 years with the Braves, Bombers, and Drive) for a new sales and marketing career with NASCAR. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a couple of inquiries regarding tomorrow's Ballpark Tour.

If you're one of the ones I've got listed to attend, here are the details one last time if you've still got questions about where, when, etc.

We'll be meeting at 4:00pm ET in the Parking Lot at the Vardry Executive Center (pictured below), which is located between Vardry Street and Field Street. Since Field Street is closed off, it's best to turn off of Augusta Street onto Vardry Street and then turn right into the parking lot from Vardry Street.

103605337_22e73c71c6.jpg

Because this is a construction zone:

• Please wear shoes that you don't mind getting muddy/dirty. -_-
  • If you have a hard hat of your own, please bring it! :thumbsup:
  • Please leave pets and young children at home. :lol:

My pleasure. The thanks really goes to everyone here. Nate was very impressed with our discussion, so he had no qualms about offering to give us a sneak peek.

I agree that the tour was a little more brief than I had expected. Perhaps this was due to both the cold wind and the fact that the group was too large for him to usher around the rest of the park, especially with work still going on upstairs and in the stands? I dunno. :unsure:

It was indeed very informative though. :thumbsup:

P.S. Skyliner, et. al., I posted a couple of poor quality photos over on the Construction Thread for you.

Edited by RestedTraveler

Greenville Drive Idol???

If you're a rock star (or former rock star), a country singer, a pop idol, or just have a great voice and want to show it off, the G-Drive are having auditions on March 11th and 16th:

FULL DETAILS

If singing ain't your cup 'o tea, but you have a great radio voice, then don't count yourself out. Check the details above for emcee audition information.

OK, about tickets. I thought you could buy individual tickets online. Just went to the website to buy and there is no option...only the option for the season and businessman tickets. ???????

Someone here said that Individual Game Tickets go on sale on March 18th. You should be able to purchase them online at that time. If not, I hope they have the ticket windows at the ballpark finished by then or at least provide us with an alternate place from which to purchase them.