TallyVision

Florida

Yep, that's the way it was when I was there. Nothing much has changed about the cameras apparently.

BTW, what that Mike Watson that showed you around?

Nope, it actually was the current Production Manager Cameron Miller, he showed me most of the place and I got to watch a show being done. Never thought I'd get to do that. It was indeed very nice of him to do that. Im grateful for it as I want to do a similar job as a career.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sayfiereview.com/

Click on the link above, and click play on the power play video on the top of the screen. Just notice how much more "on top" of things Steve Bosquet (SPTimes) is than Mary Ann Lindley (Democrat). Mary Ann's performance on this clip about summed up the Democrat's coverage of issues and news. Bland and much less informed than other publications.

^Agreed, but I'm not sure why they chose Mary Ann for the interviews instead of Bill Cotterell? I thought Mary Ann mainly wrote about kittens and puppies and all other happy/fluffy things while Bill was their Capitol guy. Steve B. from the Times is by far my favorite Capitol correspondent.

Nope, it actually was the current Production Manager Cameron Miller, he showed me most of the place and I got to watch a show being done. Never thought I'd get to do that. It was indeed very nice of him to do that. Im grateful for it as I want to do a similar job as a career.

I know Cameron. He replaced me as director when I started as media manager there (long story).

ANGELA%20HOWARD.jpg

Angela joined the WCTV Eyewitness News team in February of 2008. She previously worked at stations in Lansing and Saginaw, Michigan.

She is a graduate of Central Michigan University and is originally from the metro Detroit area.

Angela and her husband Tom are happy to have traded the cold temperatures of Michigan for the warm climate of North Florida and South Georgia. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, reading, and shopping.

You can catch Angela week nights on Eyewitness News at 5:30 and 11pm with Lee Gordon.

From Tuesday's newsblues.com:

Alex DiPrato, a reporter and weekend anchor at WTXL-27-ABC in Tallahassee (Market #109), has been hired as a reporter at Lin flagship WPRI-12-CBS in Providence (Market #52).

Wow! That's quite a big step up for him....I liked him also. He did several investigative reports I really liked. Congratulations to Alex & best of luck in Providence....beautiful city.

Cathing up on reading some of the posts (haven't posted in a long time, busy!), here are my thoughts on different subjects brought up.

1) I say that 27 bringing back the towercam aka skycam is a step in making improvements. Yes, its out of focus at night because they don't want to really fix. They probably changed a screw in it. The camera does turn but, they probably don't want to in fear of breaking it or, as a lot of the laid off PA's said, "That's not how they do it in Sarasota" was the saying of the day at 27. Or the directors haven't found the manual and don't know how to turn the camera. I noticed that was the same thing when they were at WFSU and that skycam just focuses on the flashing lights on Tennessee St. and have been for 7 years!

2) Looks like they've (27 that is) finally hired a news director to replace Richelle Ridgeway. Have no idea where she went. Haven't found anything online about her. Now, they'll have some guidance there for a change (or so they hope).

3) One of the long time 27 people, Mike Plummer, was let go back in January sometime. He'd been there since 1982.

4) The robotic equipment sucks at 27. They don't know how to program nothing right there. All together now, "That's how they do it in Sarasota." The only good director they have there is their production supervisor, Scott Sherman (remember the name from when they listed the 6 production people on wikipedia sometime back before all the names were removed). I don't know none of the other production people that work there. Though, their weekend director did sound familiar but, when I was at 40 while 27 worked there, he wasn't great at all.

5) Is it me or is Dave Priem trying to emulate GMA's Sam Champion a lot? He acts way too cheerful in the morning. He sounds more subdued at noon though. He loves plugging his family a lot on air even though none live here.

6) Did anyone notice Julie's wedding announcement in the Democrat a couple of weeks ago? It was from May of last year by the way. Also, 27's last story on the "Good Cop" series was Nancy's husband, Ted. He works in Thomasville. I remember that from her wedding announcement in the Democrat 10 years ago (he wasn't a cop then, the face was familiar). Though they never acknowledged it on air.

7) Rex Hodge is leaving soon right? He's annoying everyone I know. Yes, he still looks like he doesn't want to be here. Ironically enough, my neighbor's dog growls at the tv whenever he comes on. He's happy whenever he sees Dorsett.

8) Ah, yes, 27 has brought back their softball team. So who do they play and what's their record?

9) Did anyone go to 27's website and find something interesting or stupid for that matter? I believe its under the first link to the left on their webpage. I don't remember what title the link is under. THEY HAVE A MASCOT! He's called (drumroll please!), "ABC Man!" :rofl: Its some guy looking like a yellow hockey puck. Call Mr. Ripley on this one.

10) Finally, so Alex Diprato is leaving for Providence? How the hell did he get that job? Who's butt did he kiss? Why do I say this? Because he sucks. Has anyone seen how he reads when he anchors? He flubs all over the place. Who cares that he's done investigative reporting? Give that back to Todd and have Todd anchor. I say have Todd Morrill and Rebecca Baer anchor the weekend.

Cathing up on reading some of the posts (haven't posted in a long time, busy!), here are my thoughts on different subjects brought up.

4) The robotic equipment sucks at 27. They don't know how to program nothing right there. All together now, "That's how they do it in Sarasota." The only good director they have there is their production supervisor, Scott Sherman (remember the name from when they listed the 6 production people on wikipedia sometime back before all the names were removed). I don't know none of the other production people that work there. Though, their weekend director did sound familiar but, when I was at 40 while 27 worked there, he wasn't great at all.

Heck, I'd probably do well over there as a newscast director. I did pretty well while at WCTV. Doubtful if the pay would tempt me to apply there.

9) Did anyone go to 27's website and find something interesting or stupid for that matter? I believe its under the first link to the left on their webpage. I don't remember what title the link is under. THEY HAVE A MASCOT! He's called (drumroll please!), "ABC Man!" :rofl: Its some guy looking like a yellow hockey puck. Call Mr. Ripley on this one.

Jumping Elvis on a pogo stick!!! That's the lamest excuse for a mascot I've ever seen and I've seen some lame ones in my time. Is that something they do in Sarasota, too?

1) I say that 27 bringing back the towercam aka skycam is a step in making improvements. Yes, its out of focus at night because they don't want to really fix. They probably changed a screw in it. The camera does turn but, they probably don't want to in fear of breaking it or, as a lot of the laid off PA's said, "That's not how they do it in Sarasota" was the saying of the day at 27. Or the directors haven't found the manual and don't know how to turn the camera. I noticed that was the same thing when they were at WFSU and that skycam just focuses on the flashing lights on Tennessee St. and have been for 7 years!

2) Looks like they've (27 that is) finally hired a news director to replace Richelle Ridgeway. Have no idea where she went. Haven't found anything online about her. Now, they'll have some guidance there for a change (or so they hope).

3) One of the long time 27 people, Mike Plummer, was let go back in January sometime. He'd been there since 1982.

5) Is it me or is Dave Priem trying to emulate GMA's Sam Champion a lot? He acts way too cheerful in the morning. He sounds more subdued at noon though. He loves plugging his family a lot on air even though none live here.

6) Did anyone notice Julie's wedding announcement in the Democrat a couple of weeks ago? It was from May of last year by the way. Also, 27's last story on the "Good Cop" series was Nancy's husband, Ted. He works in Thomasville. I remember that from her wedding announcement in the Democrat 10 years ago (he wasn't a cop then, the face was familiar). Though they never acknowledged it on air.

7) Rex Hodge is leaving soon right? He's annoying everyone I know. Yes, he still looks like he doesn't want to be here. Ironically enough, my neighbor's dog growls at the tv whenever he comes on. He's happy whenever he sees Dorsett.

8) Ah, yes, 27 has brought back their softball team. So who do they play and what's their record?

10) Finally, so Alex Diprato is leaving for Providence? How the hell did he get that job? Who's butt did he kiss? Why do I say this? Because he sucks. Has anyone seen how he reads when he anchors? He flubs all over the place. Who cares that he's done investigative reporting? Give that back to Todd and have Todd anchor. I say have Todd Morrill and Rebecca Baer anchor the weekend.

What a mouthful of a post! :)

I agree that Rex Hodge looks a little "out of spirit" usually. Some news anchors have different personalities when they are off camera.

To me Rex Hodge looks serious but off spirit. He probably is different off camera though when there aren't thousands of people watching him live on TV. He still is a good news anchor, to me at least.

Heck, I'd probably do well over there as a newscast director. I did pretty well while at WCTV. Doubtful if the pay would tempt me to apply there.

Jumping Elvis on a pogo stick!!! That's the lamest excuse for a mascot I've ever seen and I've seen some lame ones in my time. Is that something they do in Sarasota, too?

Probably. Hey, that's their motto and saying, "That's how we do it in Sarasota." Ah, this isn't Sarasota. This is Tallahassee (or Midway to be exact). When you walk out of their building in Sarasota (I've never been there myself) they've said that you can see the ocean across the street. In Midway, you walk out and see the Frito Lay company across the street. Big difference.

What a mouthful of a post! :)

I agree that Rex Hodge looks a little "out of spirit" usually. Some news anchors have different personalities when they are off camera.

To me Rex Hodge looks serious but off spirit. He probably is different off camera though when there aren't thousands of people watching him live on TV. He still is a good news anchor, to me at least.

Sorry about that. I just had to get a lot off of my chest.

A couple other things:

The commercial they run about their commercial production dept. (and their so-called award winning producers) is a joke at 27. All of their "award winning producers" have all left. All they have now are a bunch of people that think they know how to produce. In fact, their "award winning producers" are the new titles for their directors now.

Oh, and what the on-air people do in their spare time, do a search for them on myspace. Very interesting stuff posted there. Lots of 27 people I've found.

Probably. Hey, that's their motto and saying, "That's how we do it in Sarasota." Ah, this isn't Sarasota. This is Tallahassee (or Midway to be exact). When you walk out of their building in Sarasota (I've never been there myself) they've said that you can see the ocean across the street. In Midway, you walk out and see the Frito Lay company across the street. Big difference.

Sorry about that. I just had to get a lot off of my chest.

You sure did, I'll probably be in the same situation someday ... :)

A couple other things:

The commercial they run about their commercial production dept. (and their so-called award winning producers) is a joke at 27. All of their "award winning producers" have all left. All they have now are a bunch of people that think they know how to produce. In fact, their "award winning producers" are the new titles for their directors now.

Oh, and what the on-air people do in their spare time, do a search for them on myspace. Very interesting stuff posted there. Lots of 27 people I've found.

You mean this commercial ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72avIJ4wd6c

I think they have good ideas for their commercials and they make good commercials, but not all are good, some are just "fair" in ranking by me.

And I've even seen a few myspace profiles of some well known 27 Anchors/Reporters myself

Amanda Anderson ... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=62287841

Dave Priem ... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=51143092

Archived