Atlantic Station-Atlanta's city within a city.

ironchapman

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just drove by it pretty fast, so I didn't get to see what kind of openings it had. I did notice the metal panels of the facade, though. This seems to be a theme in AS, maybe an industrial reference? Its OK as long as it's off ground level, where it can avoid taking a beating. Guess the architects of the student housing by IKEA didn't take this into account.

I thought that Publix had a contract or agreement with the Atlantic Station developers that there can be no other food market type place in Atlantic Station? Originally, the Target being built in Atlantic Station was to be a SuperTarget, but then it got changed because of this agreement, or so I heard. So, wouldn't this agreement affect a Costco?

I thought that Publix had a contract or agreement with the Atlantic Station developers that there can be no other food market type place in Atlantic Station? Originally, the Target being built in Atlantic Station was to be a SuperTarget, but then it got changed because of this agreement, or so I heard. So, wouldn't this agreement affect a Costco?

• 4 weeks later...
If you're referring to unsold condos in some recent news articles, those statistics are very misleading. They include units from all condos, existing or under construction. It includes condos that will not be completed for up to 18 months (or more), and projects that have yet to even open a sales office (1010, Luxe).

There is no question that the housing market has slowed nationally and Atlanta is no exception. We are seeing more developers building apartments as a result. But there is a HUGE difference between slower sales and a bust. Atlanta's not even remotely similar to whats going on in Miami.

Unique, well designed, and well placed projects are still doing very well. Aquarius for example, has sold half their units with a website and a sign on the lot (zero advertising) and that same article reported strong sales for the Atlantic.

• 3 weeks later...

As a resident of 2 years in Atlantic Station. I wish it was more like Glenwood Park in East Atlanta. The difference being that Glenwood is a local community, but AS is people from all over the Metro Area [Their SUV's in tow] who work in the office towers, and come to visit on weekends. Most of the traffic is caused by visiters who are lost. The store's lack originality. It's an open air mall/town center. I think once the Atlantic is complete in 2009 it will hopefully provide a solid residential base. The lack of creativity amongst the different buildings is dissapointing. I wish the homes were built by Hedgewood instead of Beazer, and were Earthcraft. The transition from AS to adjacent Home Park on the south is poorly planned. All the home's [including the tree canopy] are being torn down for yes, McMansions. Don't get me wrong. AS is great [compared to a suburban subdivision]. I think it need's more family's. Give it an Inman Park/Candler Park feel perhaps? Give it 3-5 years and it will clearly be the "it" place to live.

Archived