Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

OK, just so you know what I (used to) look like, here ya go:

Eric_01.jpg

Skyliner took this photo and augmented it. He somehow found me in a crowd even though he's never met me.

I saw someone at the corner of main and Washington tonight (12/21/06) carrying a tripod. Was that anyone from here? It was around 7pm. :ph34r:

Not me. I was near the Bowater building and then at RiverPlace with a tripod though. I actually had to very assertively ask a panhandler to move along and leave me alone. That was a first. :rolleyes:

It is funny now, every time I'm out taking photos, I see four or five others shooting photos as well. We should start photographing anyone we see taking a photo, and then post them all here on UP, the way Skyliner and GvilleSC have been posting the great photos of artist.

Isn't it heart warming to live in such a beautiful place, that people want to paint and photograph on a regular basis? :wub:

Isn't it heart warming to live in such a beautiful place, that people want to paint and photograph on a regular basis? :wub:

Absolutely!!! :yahoo:

Greenville is really enchanting. To be such a small place in comparison to so many grand cities, and yet this place casts a spell on everyone who visits. We know the "secret" well, but many more are discovering it for themselves every week. I always enjoy hearing new visitors around town express their amazement over Greenville.

I'm guessing maninthepark? I noticed someone the other day with what appeared to be a new set of gear. Of course, in Greenville, there are so many people taking photographs around town everyday. :shades:

No not I.

Unfortunately I have been so busy, it has been at lest two months since Ive had a chance to get downtown or my beloved Falls Park. And the only place Ive used my new camera is at home and on

a job site [spartan Exchange] where I had to show photos to an inspector.

I hope you gays don't ever get a photo of me,I would hate for this ugly mug to be

responsible for the destruction of your expensive gear. :rofl:

Edited by maninthepark

Here's a bloody holiday greeting from the defeated Karen Floyd:

FloydChristmasCard_02.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is her actual Christmas greeting card. I have no connection to her, her family, or her political campaign, but thought this was rather appalling.)

OMG!!! :rofl::sick::rofl:

That's just pathetic.....so pathetic it's hilarious!

Can we send this to say Mad TV or Saturday Night Live?

Krazeeboi, it was even on the news yesterday! Hello! :blink:

I wouldn't post something like that without prior knowledge of its origin.

Uhhh, I don't live in Greenville so I don't get any Greenville news stations. And secondly, unlike in the Upstate, that wouldn't make for a grabbing headline in the Charlotte region. I don't even think I looked at the news yesterday. At any rate, I searched WYFF's website and didn't see anything like this. The last news items relating to Karen Floyd have to do with the election.

I too was down town this evening, and seen many people taking pics. But no, not me, my fiance promised me we would be done looking at rings in enough time so I could snap some pics of the McBee job site for work. But that didnt happen. :( So. if anyone knows of a good jeweler or wholesaler let me know.

Edited by BigTone

So. if anyone knows of a good jeweler or wholesaler let me know.

Not downtown but I'll recommend Julie's Jewels & Gifts on Haywood. Way back when (geez was it really 11 years ago(in 3 days)) the only place we could find platinum bands was there. Ever since that, Julie's is pretty much the only place we go. Very helpful staff and Julie herself is great to work with ...