COMPLETED: Blue Back Square

ctman987

Not really, most are in the 600 to 800 range... I believe they had a few one bedrooms that were in the 400's if you count 495k....

Right, and for 240k you get a nice 1300 sq ft condo in the Linden on Main street. Seems to me that smart money buys downtown, and excessive money buys BB2.

Hell for 800k there are so many better investments and better living options than a condo in BB2

What are the condo fees in BB2? I bet they are crazy high

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, and for 240k you get a nice 1300 sq ft condo in the Linden on Main street. Seems to me that smart money buys downtown, and excessive money buys BB2.

Hell for 800k there are so many better investments and better living options than a condo in BB2

Condo fees at BBS range between ~$350 to ~$500. It depends on the square footage of the unit. The fees cover common things like trash, site management, etc. I believe it also includes a membership to the New York Sports Club fitness center.

I'm leary of the Linden these days. There are about 10 units for sale in the building...I wonder why?

"I'm leary of the Linden these days. There are about 10 units for sale in the building...I wonder why?"

Could be just a natural attrition of people who moved in back when it first opened or soon after who are older, or have bigger families and would like something smaller and/or larger? I think for some the call of the yard and gardens gets too strong and they decide to move. I've lived in Hartford since 82 or 83 (with a few years away when I lived in NYC) and I wonder sometimes if it's time to go. For me it's the fact that I could not possibly live anywhere cheaper. I bought my place for pennies compared to what it could sell for now. From the Linden a person could buy something outside and still have money left!

I'm leary of the Linden these days. There are about 10 units for sale in the building...I wonder why?

Right now there are 8 units for sale at the Linden. My experience has been that people buy there as either an investment property, a first time buy, or because they are going to grad school in the area. When they are finished with their degree they leave (and sell), or they may just be doing a move up to a house or larger condo at this point.

Condo fees at BBS range between ~$350 to ~$500. It depends on the square footage of the unit. The fees cover common things like trash, site management, etc. I believe it also includes a membership to the New York Sports Club fitness center.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info. I would say that those rates are not all bad if they come with membership to NYSC.

The Linden is a great building but had been poorly managed. Condo fees were low, but no one thought about the building. Now it needs a new roof, and other repairs so assessments are through the roof, pardon the pun. That is one reason a few are selling.

Others are selling because of the Emperor. The crowds are noisy, and the owner is refusing to pay condo fees.

There is a feeling at the Linden that the city should be doing more. Developing parking lots that surround the Linden, and cracking down on slumlords that give the city a bad image. Check out the buildings on that small block of Elm Street behind the old Muni and you will know what I am talking about.

Still, these condos are a great deal. Now is the time to buy. Once Front Street opens their value will only go up.

The Linden is a great building but had been poorly managed. Condo fees were low, but no one thought about the building. Now it needs a new roof, and other repairs so assessments are through the roof, pardon the pun. That is one reason a few are selling.

Others are selling because of the Emperor. The crowds are noisy, and the owner is refusing to pay condo fees.

There is a feeling at the Linden that the city should be doing more. Developing parking lots that surround the Linden, and cracking down on slumlords that give the city a bad image. Check out the buildings on that small block of Elm Street behind the old Muni and you will know what I am talking about.

Still, these condos are a great deal. Now is the time to buy. Once Front Street opens their value will only go up.

There was a unit that just left the market that I would have definately bought if my wife was willing to move downtown. It was a large double unit on the corner with a garage. I think it was even a two floor unit. something like 1600 Sq ft IIRC. I agree that this buildings units will be selling for 600k if Front street and a few other things happen in the area. If you look at the surrounding buildings and the area S of the CBD in general, I would say it is best positioned to become a wealthy urban neighborhood. If Capewell were to happen and townhomes by the capitol and of course Front street, I think you would be wishing you bought here at 250k.

• 4 weeks later...

You must be kidding me:

Brand new one bedroom apartment at Blue Back Square. Available March 1. Top of the line granite kitchen. Fireplace. Storage space. Washer/Dryer in unit. Covered assigned garage space. Doorman. Great spot right above retail shops. Eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then walk home!! $2200/month. One year lease. No pets, no smoking please. References and credit check required. Please call 860-236-3612 or email at [email protected] FOr pictures, please visit www.bluebacksquare.com

http://hartford.craigslist.org/apa/566506925.html

You must be kidding me:

Brand new one bedroom apartment at Blue Back Square. Available March 1. Top of the line granite kitchen. Fireplace. Storage space. Washer/Dryer in unit. Covered assigned garage space. Doorman. Great spot right above retail shops. Eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then walk home!! $2200/month. One year lease. No pets, no smoking please. References and credit check required. Please call 860-236-3612 or email at [email protected] FOr pictures, please visit www.bluebacksquare.com

I have no idea how this is cash flowing.

You must be kidding me:

$2200 for one bedroom??????? Those are prices you would find in California or Fairfeild county maybe.......

Try living in old Town Scottsdale Arizona on the water front. This waterfront I am talking about is simply a canal! Recently a new 14 floor condo tower was constructed with condo's starting at the low $1millions! You have to be kidding me!

It isn't much better over in Tempe where condos on the Tempe Town Lake, a dry river which the city made into a lake has condos going for 500k+ for 1 bedroom and $2 million + for a penthouse! Amazing!

It gets even more ridiculous only now it is $200 a month more:

$2400 / 1br - LIVE AT BLUE BACK SQUARE!!!

Brand new luxurious condo in West Hartford Center. Live above shops and restaurants!! Garage parking spot, granite kitchen, storage space, gym membership, door man. One year lease minimum. Sorry, no smoking or pets. Tenant pays for utilities. two month security. please call 860-236-3612 or email [email protected]. Avail. March 1.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/apa/582836469.html

It gets even more ridiculous only now it is $200 a month more:

$2400 / 1br - LIVE AT BLUE BACK SQUARE!!!

Brand new luxurious condo in West Hartford Center. Live above shops and restaurants!! Garage parking spot, granite kitchen, storage space, gym membership, door man. One year lease minimum. Sorry, no smoking or pets. Tenant pays for utilities. two month security. please call 860-236-3612 or email [email protected]. Avail. March 1.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/apa/582836469.html

I couldnt afford it or even want to pay $2400 for a 1 BR - but you know what if they get it - good for them! They probaby paid in excess of $400k for it - so someone has got to pay thier mortgage.

I couldnt afford it or even want to pay $2400 for a 1 BR - but you know what if they get it - good for them! They probaby paid in excess of $400k for it - so someone has got to pay thier mortgage.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, good for them. As long as people are buying new construction condos in the Hartford area, I am thrilled. The success of BB will lead to other simular projects, and possibly even the construction of the Northland condos downtown. BB is proof that people are willing to spend 600k for the right condo in the right place. There is a market.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, good for them. As long as people are buying new construction condos in the Hartford area, I am thrilled. The success of BB will lead to other simular projects, and possibly even the construction of the Northland condos downtown. BB is proof that people are willing to spend 600k for the right condo in the right place. There is a market.

I strongly disagree that there is any connection between the success of suburban projects and Hartford. West Hartford center and Hartford are as different as day and night and Blueback success will only spur more suburban projects IMO. And please don't bring up Front Street, that pie-in-the-sky project that exists only on websites after how many years...

I strongly disagree that there is any connection between the success of suburban projects and Hartford. West Hartford center and Hartford are as different as day and night and Blueback success will only spur more suburban projects IMO. And please don't bring up Front Street, that pie-in-the-sky project that exists only on websites after how many years...

Like it or not BB2 is urban living. It may be located in a close suburb, but it is living above shopping in a condo. The more people that find this kind of living acceptable, and willing to dole out huge sums of money the better. what is the difference between spending 600k for a BB condo and spending 600k on a 20th floor unit at the possible Northland condo tower? There might not be a cheese cake factory, and a movie theater now, but they were not in W Hartford either before BB2. A new large residential project would bring retail and entertainment with it at this point in Hartford. Have you been downtown at night lately? how about on the weekend? its so much more active than even 1 year ago.

So I am thrilled for BB2, and when Bishops Corner is redeveloped I will be thrilled if the condos there go fast as well. I feel this way, because I am a fan of density, and I think that having upper class urban dwellers can not possibly hurt Hartford and the greater capitol region.

Like it or not BB2 is urban living. It may be located in a close suburb, but it is living above shopping in a condo. The more people that find this kind of living acceptable, and willing to dole out huge sums of money the better. what is the difference between spending 600k for a BB condo and spending 600k on a 20th floor unit at the possible Northland condo tower? There might not be a cheese cake factory, and a movie theater now, but they were not in W Hartford either before BB2. A new large residential project would bring retail and entertainment with it at this point in Hartford. Have you been downtown at night lately? how about on the weekend? its so much more active than even 1 year ago.

So I am thrilled for BB2, and when Bishops Corner is redeveloped I will be thrilled if the condos there go fast as well. I feel this way, because I am a fan of density, and I think that having upper class urban dwellers can not possibly hurt Hartford and the greater capitol region.

Living above a condo does not make an urban experience, far from it. I will never be convinced that BB2 is urban. I see it as an evolved form of suburbanism and outside of the density of the area little changed from the suburban areas of 10 or 20 years ago. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point.

Living above a condo does not make an urban experience, far from it. I will never be convinced that BB2 is urban. I see it as an evolved form of suburbanism and outside of the density of the area little changed from the suburban areas of 10 or 20 years ago. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point.

I suppose, but I will concede that its not TRUE urban living, its a kind of Urban light, or something like that. I am still glad to see that people are interested in living above retail in the heart of downtown and pay through the nose for the experience.

I suppose, but I will concede that its not TRUE urban living, its a kind of Urban light, or something like that. I am still glad to see that people are interested in living above retail in the heart of downtown and pay through the nose for the experience.

The Words true urban Living mean different things to different people. The fact is that people want to live in a walkable environment where they can interact with other people. BBS is a great for us here in Center Ct, I think we can use a place like this.

Archived