Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

That sounds pretty limited to me... but the Pinnacle Hills area will become so developed that centers on either side of the Interstate will blend together.

Pleasant Crossing's Sister Project has a good chance at getting a high end retailer. We already got Saks Parisian for Pleasant Crossing, and it makes sense, since it is in the center of NWA.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peace Lutheran Church of Rogers recently sold 20 acres on Perry Road in Rogers to Great Northwest Development for $4.2 million. The group owned a 20-acre parcel beside the one it purchased, and the land was secured for future Pinnacle Promenade growth.

Peace Lutheran Church of Rogers recently sold 20 acres on Perry Road in Rogers to Great Northwest Development for $4.2 million. The group owned a 20-acre parcel beside the one it purchased, and the land was secured for future Pinnacle Promenade growth.

The land is going to be used for Residential Office in the Promenade. Landowners near that site tried to rezone acerage to commerical, but was denied and was only allowed the Residential Office, which the developers didn't take.

John George, marketing director for The Pinnacle Group, said 12 tenants have signed leases for space in the nine shell buildings.

So, there's:

Journey's

Jos. A Banks

LIDS

JCPenny

Dillards

Malco Theatres

That still leaves 6 more tenants unannounced. I've heard PF Changs and The Sharper Image are also suppose to be on that list, but they haven't been officially announced.

John George, marketing director for The Pinnacle Group, said 12 tenants have signed leases for space in the nine shell buildings.

So, there's:

Journey's

Jos. A Banks

LIDS

JCPenny

Dillards

Malco Theatres

That still leaves 6 more tenants unannounced. I've heard PF Changs and The Sharper Image are also suppose to be on that list, but they haven't been officially announced.

I have been told by a manager at PF Changs in Little Rock that one is definitely opening up later this year. They could not tell me where, but said that one of the managers in Little Rock wants to transfer there because his family lives in NWA. So we can pretty much bet that there will be one here later this year. I bet it is going into the Promenade.

I have been told by a manager at PF Changs in Little Rock that one is definitely opening up later this year. They could not tell me where, but said that one of the managers in Little Rock wants to transfer there because his family lives in NWA. So we can pretty much bet that there will be one here later this year. I bet it is going into the Promenade.

That just makes me wonder though. I had also heard rumors of PF Changs also looking into Nelsons Crossing here in Fayetteville. I wonder if it's still possible to have more than one here in NWA.

^I think it's very possible, especially with Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Tyson's presence here, along with the high annual household income and the growth.

I've found out another tenant in Tuscany square. It's suppose to be a golf store, and will be joined by a Cellular Warehouse and Starbucks.

^I think it's very possible, especially with Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Tyson's presence here, along with the high annual household income and the growth.

I've found out another tenant in Tuscany square. It's suppose to be a golf store, and will be joined by a Cellular Warehouse and Starbucks.

What a golf store in Benton County? I can't believe it. :D

This is an interesting article on how the opening of Pinnacle Promenade will affect the Northwest Arkansas Mall and Fayetteville retail in general.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/01/...zcitybudget.txt

Interesting article Tim. I think Fayetteville might lose out a little. But I think some Fayetteville people like me are a bit spoiled and are used to doing most of their shopping here in the city and may not be ready to start shopping very often in Rogers. But Fayetteville will have to get used to not being the only place in the area to go now. Retail increases may not happen as much like they had in the past but I think Fayetteville will do okay I think.

A lot of people in Benton County also regularly shop in Tulsa and Joplin, so I don't think it will be too detrimental to The NWA Mall.

I think the number of people in NWA that shop in Joplin or Tulsa will start going down in the near future. We'll have more and more options here and there won't be as many reasons to go. I used to go to Tulsa a lot because there wasn't a lot of selection here in NWA. Now it's been years since I've been.

People like new things so I'd expect NWA Mall to lose the first year but people will pretty much go to whichever is closest to them after the newness wears off... which means NWA Mall will still get more customers than any of the Rogers shopping centers. Where Rogers will benefit is their location on the bypass.

Why in the world would anyone go to Joplin to shop? I know they have a few new things that haven't made it here yet, but nothing worth driving there for.

Before Fayetteville had a Target, Joplin was the closest location so people would drive up there. Some people like the selection in Joplin as well. I.E. Hollister.

Why in the world would anyone go to Joplin to shop? I know they have a few new things that haven't made it here yet, but nothing worth driving there for.

You'd be surprised. Years ago before a lot of the retail we have now opened up in NWA Joplin had quite a bit we didn't. Although I never could quite understand it, it's not that big compared to some of the NWA cities and certainly not the metro as a whole. I guess Arkansas is sometimes on the bottom of the list for places to expand or open new stores/restaurants. Or at least it used to. It was probably more common with people in benton County but I remember the days when I knew people here in Fayetteville that would make a trip to Joplin every once in a while.

This is info on the Tuscany Square development across from Pleasant Crossing...

Dallas Real Estate Services Inc., a real estate firm owned by Barber and David Dallas, is brokering space under construction in Tuscany Square, at Pleasant Grove Road and Interstate 540 in western Rogers.

Contracts were signed and it was announced in 2005 that Starbucks, Subway and Cingular Wireless will have spaces in Tuscany Square.

The development has more than 40,000 square feet, divided into 2,000-square-foot units that can accommodate 15 to 20 tenants, said Zach Gump, Dallas Real Estate broker and leasing agent.

New tenants might include an upscale dry cleaner with 24-hour pick up, Gump said. Customers can establish accounts, drop off clothes through a chute any time, pick up the clothes any time and pay with debit cards, Gump said.

Tuscany Square also is negotiating with a fitness or aerobics center, Gump said.

He said before Christmas that he was working on a lease for a golf accessories and equipment store, similar to a Wooden Tee.

The lease must have gotten signed before the New Year. Wooden Tee submitted plans for a Tuscany Square space to the Arkansas Department of Health on Dec. 27 and the plan information was posted on the Health Department's plan review page by Tuesday.

Here's a post that was in the Little Rock subforum but thought people might find this of interest also in NWA.

I also noted that Toys"R"Us is closing 75 stores in the Spring and Fayetteville will more than likely lose theirs, which leaves me wondering... a city without a large toy store isn't much of a city at all. But then Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville don't have large toy stores either.

BTW... thanks for the link as I never knew that website existed! :)

I also noted that Toys"R"Us is closing 75 stores in the Spring and Fayetteville will more than likely lose theirs, which leaves me wondering... a city without a large toy store isn't much of a city at all. But then Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville don't have large toy stores either.

BTW... thanks for the link as I never knew that website existed! :)

Thank Turboturtle, he posted it over on the Little Rock subforum. As far as Toys R Us is conscerned, everything I hear is how badly they're doing to Wal-mart. I think we might end up to a point where there just aren't hardly any national toy stores. Just smaller regional ones that fill a niche.

Thank Turboturtle, he posted it over on the Little Rock subforum. As far as Toys R Us is conscerned, everything I hear is how badly they're doing to Wal-mart. I think we might end up to a point where there just aren't hardly any national toy stores. Just smaller regional ones that fill a niche.

I hear Toys"R"Us.com is doing very well and that's why they're closing 75 stores... it'll save them $155 Million a year.

Archived