Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Bonefish, it is a member of the Outback Family (Outback, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar and Roy's). I have always found Outback to be reasonable, filling, and consistent. I would expect the same for Bonefish. The Outback in Springdale has been a favorite of mine for a long tim and I love their fish but it sounds like Bonefish will be my new place. Great news for NW Arkansas !!

Anyone have any more news on Cheesecake Factory potential ??

Thanks for keeping up with the posts - I stumbled across this site a couple of months ago and check in daily, keep up the great work !

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for keeping up with the posts - I stumbled across this site a couple of months ago and check in daily, keep up the great work !

No news on the Cheescake Factory yet.

It's good to hear from you das450, hope to hear more from you.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Bonefish, it is a member of the Outback Family (Outback, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar and Roy's). I have always found Outback to be reasonable, filling, and consistent. I would expect the same for Bonefish. The Outback in Springdale has been a favorite of mine for a long tim and I love their fish but it sounds like Bonefish will be my new place. Great news for NW Arkansas !!

Nice to hear from you das450. Glad someone else is enjoying the topics here. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I know most people have always had good things to say about Outback, if Bonefish Grill is from the same company that sounds like good news.

In a recent article in Arkansas Business, I read about Pinnacle Promenade vs. Pleasant Crossing. It looks like Pleasant Crossing may expand its layout to be a bigger lifestyle center because of tenant interest. I know Saks Parisian has committed to the project. I wonder if another high end store has committed like Neiman Marcus. Apparently Pleasant Crossing is going to be more high end due to that. I originally thought the Promenade would be the high end mall, but maybe not. Anybody heard anything about this?

In a recent article in Arkansas Business, I read about Pinnacle Promenade vs. Pleasant Crossing. It looks like Pleasant Crossing may expand its layout to be a bigger lifestyle center because of tenant interest. I know Saks Parisian has committed to the project. I wonder if another high end store has committed like Neiman Marcus. Apparently Pleasant Crossing is going to be more high end due to that. I originally thought the Promenade would be the high end mall, but maybe not. Anybody heard anything about this?

Matt, what does your sources say on this?

Yes, Pleasant Crossing is suppose to be bigger, however, the Saks is the only department store planned for the development, that I know of. If there was going to be a store like Neiman Marcus, then it would be adjacent to Pleasant Crossing at the Pleasant Crossing West of I-540 Development. The developers have already had the plans zoned and haven't asked for any building changes that I know of.

The Promenade is suppose to be a high end mall, even more than Pleasant Crossing. I don't know why the papers try to mix things up like this. They hear a potential rumor, and they change everything up. Pleasant Crossing is suppose to be aimed more for all of NWA, with stores like Sportsman's Warehouse and Wal-Mart, while the Promenade is aimed more for the Benton County, Vendor family, which is suppose to have stores like PF Changes and The Sharper Image. Pleasant Crossing will probably get it's fare share of high end stores, but I see the Promenade having the majority of them.

Yes, Pleasant Crossing is suppose to be bigger, however, the Saks is the only department store planned for the development, that I know of. If there was going to be a store like Neiman Marcus, then it would be adjacent to Pleasant Crossing at the Pleasant Crossing West of I-540 Development. The developers have already had the plans zoned and haven't asked for any building changes that I know of.

The Promenade is suppose to be a high end mall, even more than Pleasant Crossing. I don't know why the papers try to mix things up like this. They hear a potential rumor, and they change everything up. Pleasant Crossing is suppose to be aimed more for all of NWA, with stores like Sportsman's Warehouse and Wal-Mart, while the Promenade is aimed more for the Benton County, Vendor family, which is suppose to have stores like PF Changes and The Sharper Image. Pleasant Crossing will probably get it's fare share of high end stores, but I see the Promenade having the majority of them.

I am just really surprised that JC Penney and Dillards are the anchors. I mean, we have those in Fayetteville. That is nothing special at all. If they really wanted high end, they would get Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, or Neiman Marcus. I think only 2 dept. stores are slated for the development as well. I just expected this to be something similar to the Dallas Galleria.

I am just really surprised that JC Penney and Dillards are the anchors. I mean, we have those in Fayetteville. That is nothing special at all. If they really wanted high end, they would get Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, or Neiman Marcus. I think only 2 dept. stores are slated for the development as well. I just expected this to be something similar to the Dallas Galleria.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind having any of those other stores being anchors. I'd imagine the problem is getting them to actually come in.

I just expected this to be something similar to the Dallas Galleria.

I think that's the problem, it's just not terribly realistic. They wouldn't even build something like the Galleria in Dallas now if it weren't already there.

Plus, those stores haven't really ventured into mid-sized markets yet, let alone smaller ones.

I think it may be possible for some of those companies to end up in northwest Arkansas. But I think it's too early in the game for them to be heading this way. I think we'll have to continue growth and let a lot of these developments pan out first before any would really even consider coming here. It would be great, but it's probably going to take some time.

I think it may be possible for some of those companies to end up in northwest Arkansas. But I think it's too early in the game for them to be heading this way. I think we'll have to continue growth and let a lot of these developments pan out first before any would really even consider coming here. It would be great, but it's probably going to take some time.

I think those retailers would like to see companies like JC Penny and Dillards in Benton County first before they build a store there, so that way they know the area has a good retail base.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suprised that no upscale tenants have been announced.

That is why I wonder if it will really be upscale as they once said. JC Penney and Dillards are not anchors that always draw great upscale tenants. Anchors such as Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Macys draw more upscale tenants. I really wonder if it will be what they once thought. I mean Parisian is a lot more upscale than both Dillards and Penneys. So it may turn out that Pleasant Crossing becomes the high end mall. Who knows though.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that Northwest Arkansas Mall may as well be in another country as far as Benton County is concerned. The bulk of the people moving to Benton County earn over $100,000 per year and are used to having MegaMalls and Upscale Shopping Plazas at their doorstep. Not that Northwest Arkansas Mall will lose any business due to all their stores being represented in Benton County, it's just that Northwest Arkansas Mall isn't really going to get much of the new wealthy people's money. That would be like someone living in Beverly Hills going shopping in an East L.A. Mall.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that Northwest Arkansas Mall may as well be in another country as far as Benton County is concerned. The bulk of the people moving to Benton County earn over $100,000 per year and are used to having MegaMalls and Upscale Shopping Plazas at their doorstep. Not that Northwest Arkansas Mall will lose any business due to all their stores being represented in Benton County, it's just that Northwest Arkansas Mall isn't really going to get much of the new wealthy people's money. That would be like someone living in Beverly Hills going shopping in an East L.A. Mall.

The NWA Mall might not lose much business to the more upscale shopping areas in Benton County perhaps but there's more in Benton County being built than that. Although I do think this area is growing large enough to support more than just one main shopping area. But I do think the NWA Mall will lose some business. I'm not saying it will end up like some of the other malls in the state but I think it's peak may have already hit.

Pinnacle needs to do a better job with getting upscale tenants.

I really would like to see a Lord & Taylor, or something along those lines, instead of another JC Penny.

I'd still say there's a chance some more upscale retail will come in. But you have to start somewhere. I think it was bound to happen having some of the retail here in Fayetteville build another location for Benton County. This metro is spread out enough and getting big enough to support stores in both counties.

Pinnacle needs to do a better job with getting upscale tenants.

I really would like to see a Lord & Taylor, or something along those lines, instead of another JC Penny.

Just because a mall has a JC Penney doesn't mean it won't have a Lord & Taylor. I lived in North Dallas around 10 years ago and there are 3 big malls in North Dallas... The Dallas Galleria (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue)... Valley View Mall (Foley's, Dillard's, JCPenney, Sears)... Prestonwood Town Center (Neiman Marcus, Lord & Taylor, JCPenney, Dillard's).

So you see, it doesn't really matter if a shopping center has a mix of upscale and middle of the road anchors. Prestonwood Town Center had a little of both and was my favorite mall until it's demise in 2000. I just now found out that Prestonwwod was closed and it breaks my heart as I have many fond memories of not only shopping and working there but of memorable back hall romances that took place there.

^The Promenade has already sent Plans and the three main anchors that will bein the development are: Malco Theatres, JC Penny, and Dillards.

There's no room for a third department store. I guess Pleasant Crossing might have a pad site in it's sister project across the Interstate.

That sounds pretty limited to me... but the Pinnacle Hills area will become so developed that centers on either side of the Interstate will blend together.

Archived