SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

That's fantastic news.

My only concern is my view from the PIG PINK.

The Property is currently Zoned B2 and if I remember correctly it does not allow for much height.

Most people around here assumed that it would be rezoned to TODD allowing for something like 11 stories.

That would be fine with me as I am well above that height.

Any new retail would be great, but a grocery of any size would be out of this world!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck yes that was a typo!

Well, I bought when it was Blue!

Maybe that was a freudian slip.

We do love living a the BIG PINK.

Love it so much that when I got married I talked my wife into buying the unit next door as an investment.

I told her we would stay 3 year and take our profits and move on. She reluctantly agreed. Knocked down 3 walls to reconfigure the units. We have close to 100' of 10' Glass facing uptown and west. The 2nd largest unit in the building and the only large unit with a completely private balcony facing uptown.

Now she will not leave!

You can see why the Simpson property is of major concern for us.

Heck yes that was a typo!

Well, I bought when it was Blue!

Maybe that was a freudian slip.

We do love living a the BIG PINK.

Love it so much that when I got married I talked my wife into buying the unit next door as an investment.

I told her we would stay 3 year and take our profits and move on. She reluctantly agreed. Knocked down 3 walls to reconfigure the units. We have close to 100' of 10' Glass facing uptown and west. The 2nd largest unit in the building and the only large unit with a completely private balcony facing uptown.

Now she will not leave!

You can see why the Simpson property is of major concern for us.

SouthEnd is getting more and more diverse. There is an article in today's CBJ about a new store called Inside-Out Sports. It tailors its products to triathletes in Charlotte. More info can be found here. They are apparently the second store to open. The first was in Cary. Their website is http://www.insideoutsports.com/.

SouthEnd is getting more and more diverse. There is an article in today's CBJ about a new store called Inside-Out Sports. It tailors its products to triathletes in Charlotte. More info can be found here. They are apparently the second store to open. The first was in Cary. Their website is http://www.insideoutsports.com/.

I've always wanted to do a sprint distance triathlon--maybe by visiting the store, I'll finally make the jump/dive/cycle/run into making the time to train for them :)

On another note, is anyone going to SouthHaus' "Grand Opening" at EQ3 tonight? I'm deciding between this & the one uptown for Encore...I just might have to hit them both.

I've always wanted to do a sprint distance triathlon--maybe by visiting the store, I'll finally make the jump/dive/cycle/run into making the time to train for them :)

On another note, is anyone going to SouthHaus' "Grand Opening" at EQ3 tonight? I'm deciding between this & the one uptown for Encore...I just might have to hit them both.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this has been mentioned here, but it seems southend brewery is gone. This might have happened a while ago, but I noticed all the signage is gone, anybody have info on this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've heard it is being re-branded/re-furbished by celebrity chef Marvin Woods. It is supposed to re-open by the end of the year and will apparently be called Woods on South.

I'm not sure what kind of food will be on the menu, but given Marvin Woods' connection to Miami and NYC, I wouldn't be surprised it was a bit trendier than SouthEnd Brewery. I always thought SouthEnd Brewery underwhelmed relative to its potential.

Any other information would be great. I've heard all of this from Observer articles and EYE Magazine.

Citiline's new project along the light rail called, Silos at South End, will begin soon. Below is a link to Doug Smith's article last week and a link to the website. I didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.charlotte.com/business/columnis...ory/341735.html

http://silossouthend.com/

Mod Edit.

I moved these to the Queen Park developments thread, which covers the area south or Remount (which is the official boundary for Historic South End)

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=882865

The Queen Park thread also covers other projects near the New Bern Station including two new apartment projects and 3030 South.

Archived