SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that Hanover is planning another Southend apartment project just a block and a half away from Ashton South End.

This would be in the northeast corner of Tremont and S. Tryon. There are four industrial buildings of various sizes on the parcel now.

Hopefully whatever they plan will look different from Ashton.

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious about the "ChelseaSouthend" sign along West right after crossing the tracks so I went to their website. Bare Bones right now but it's supposedly going to be a business/residential condo which is great I just loathe the name. We don't have to rip off New York or other big cities. They could have picked something more local.

I was curious about the "ChelseaSouthend" sign along West right after crossing the tracks so I went to their website. Bare Bones right now but it's supposedly going to be a business/residential condo which is great I just loathe the name. We don't have to rip off New York or other big cities. They could have picked something more local.

I hate it too. NYC actually borrowed Chelsea from the UK. Chelsea is in London and is Anglo-Saxon for 'gravel bank'. The name really doesn't make much sense in Southend. Chelsea in the UK sits on the river Thames; therefore name appropriate. I know, I know.......too much history and who really cares...

I'm glad to see that retail will be built. That's what's missing in southend. What is the website? Who's doing the leasing?

I read in the latest CBJ about the luxury apt building going up where Overstock Market currently stands at Tryon&Morehead. According to the developers they are going to include a "sleek" cybercafe on the ground floor. With technology becoming so mobile I think most people have moved beyond cybercafes. The place will most likely become a hangout for the young professionals living there but I hope they also offer some outside seating and more extensive service. Could be a fun spot.

I read in the latest CBJ about the luxury apt building going up where Overstock Market currently stands at Tryon&Morehead. According to the developers they are going to include a "sleek" cybercafe on the ground floor. With technology becoming so mobile I think most people have moved beyond cybercafes. The place will most likely become a hangout for the young professionals living there but I hope they also offer some outside seating and more extensive service. Could be a fun spot.

Let's hope he means what he says on his homepage...

...the endeavors must be in keeping with the long-term goals of the community, because we believe that developers have an ethical responsibility to ensure that each venture represents the highest and best use and functionality of the land for the long term.

Archived