Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We went to deVine Wine this weekend and it was great. We had a group of about 12 and it was by no means to small. The wine and beer menu is pretty diverse and just for Poonther, I checked, no Peach Reisling.

I also liked that the artwork is from local artists.

Kool Beanz is a nice relatively quiet restraunt that has some of the best seafood in town it's also my favorite place to eat. I wanted to try Nicholson's ever since i moved to Tally but it closed before I had the chance I hope I someday do chance to dine there. I've never been to La Fiesta but my cousin likes and they apparently have a pretty good lunch special. They serve there dinner platter for six instead of nine.

Last night we had a GREAT dinner at Andrews 228. It was a very nice valentine's day. That was my first visit to 228. I have been to the grille and bar many times before for lunch, but never to 228. I was very impressed with 228, the decor was nice, great atmosphere, and the menu/food was very good. I had the chicken marsala and my date had the filet. For valentine's day they had a special couple's menu that offered an appetizer, each got a salad, main course, then shared a desert. I honestly think the appetizer was the best. Petite sirlon with a fantastic sauce with some sort of cream cheese french onion type of spread.....very tasty!

We will be going back there soon hopefully.

After a trip to somewhere new for dinner, it got me thinking. Is there a Tallahassee dining magazine? Any sort of gourmet local food magazine? I am sure there are many places in our area that many of us have either never tried, or just didn't know existed. I think it would be great to see a Tallahassee food magazine. (and if there is one out there, where can I pick one up at?)

Archived