Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments, gsupstate and RT! It is definitely one of my favorite places in the entire state, not to mention the Upstate. The spring greens are simply incredible this year. There are several breathtaking vistas overlooking the foothills, displaying a beauty which rivals the dynamic variation of brilliant colors in the fall. After such a long time without consistent rain, this season has turned into an instant favorite - although I can't imagine anything will ever displace autumn as my perennial absolute favorite season.

The Dogwoods have been beautiful this year thanks to all the rain:
I have been thinking the same thing and marveling at the duration the blossoms have remained without withering so far. :thumbsup:

Hahaha. StrangeCock, did you have anything to do with this? ;)

That's Wild! I love it! I hope they begin to use it more often, maybe even for things like Artisphere and Fall for Greenville adnertisements... :thumbsup:

This is pretty cool. It'd be cool if they'd hang banners side-by-side for each of the shows in the current season, or at the very least hang one for the current/upcoming show.

Hahaha. StrangeCock, did you have anything to do with this? ;)

This is pretty cool. It'd be cool if they'd hang banners side-by-side for each of the shows in the current season, or at the very least hang one for the current/upcoming show.

I do love this idea! However I don't know if anyone else noticed but it took 2 cranes and the better part of a day to put up this thing. I just don't see them spending that kind of money for every show.

Here is a link to a site called Destination 360. It is their page on Greenville.

http://www.destination360.com/north-americ.../greenville.php

No big deal, but I liked the picture they used. It is a different angle than what you usually find.

Was it photographed by one the contributors here by any chance?

While it is a nice angle, I wouldn't use it on a website providing current information about Greenville. The reason is that the photo is seriously outdated now. Poinsett Corners has been built for years, the new Main at Broad (Courtyard by Marriott) building is on its way up, and especially noteworthy is the fact that the RiverPlace development is now standing in the foreground.

A bit of an offbeat photo of the day from my morning walk. Apparently most people that frequent Dixie's don't tip. :lol:

1. Dixie's doesn't warrant a cover charge, based on what I have seen by peeking in the windows. :silly:

2. Most people who frequent Dixie's probably aren't your big tippers to begin with. :lol:

Stereotypical, yes. But probably not far from the truth!

Great shots. :shades: Somebody should get a picture of the drawings up on the windows of the old Kimbrell's building on Main Street. ;)

AM09? I took a few this past week walking by, but my photography skills aren't good enough......I just got glare in the windows. :lol:

Maybe one of the experienced photographers could take some.....neat project. :thumbsup:

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg