Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

speaking of drinking downtown, is there any plans to extend drinking hours past 2am at all? Most big cities have more liberal drinking hours than the standard 2am. Also, is there any decent after-hours options available in or around downtown?

There was some talk of letting things go until 4am a few years ago, but only downtown. I think that died b/c bars who were just outside this proposed zone cried foul stating it would cause them to lose business.

From The Sentinel 4/19:

Developer eyes downtown

A major Atlanta developer is eyeing a downtown Orlando parking lot owned by the Catholic Diocese of Orlando. The property, on the northwest corner of Orange Avenue and Robinson Street, is diagonal from St. James Catholic Cathedral. Hal Barry, chairman of Barry Development Co., said his company has talked to the diocese about the property, which could be developed as an office building and hotel. Barry Development currently is redeveloping nine blocks in downtown Atlanta, including one project that contains a W Hotel.

From The Sentinel 4/19:

Developer eyes downtown

A major Atlanta developer is eyeing a downtown Orlando parking lot owned by the Catholic Diocese of Orlando. The property, on the northwest corner of Orange Avenue and Robinson Street, is diagonal from St. James Catholic Cathedral. Hal Barry, chairman of Barry Development Co., said his company has talked to the diocese about the property, which could be developed as an office building and hotel. Barry Development currently is redeveloping nine blocks in downtown Atlanta, including one project that contains a W Hotel.

is there a website for barry development or a portfolio of

Hotelier calls for de-annexation of I-Drive

Harris Rosen to draw up a petition to let Orange County oversee crime patrols.

Orlando Business Journal - April 20, 2007by Bob MervineStaff Writer

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto...7300800^1449548

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosen is at it again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosen is at it again!

No way the City is going to give up those tax dollars. The best solution would simply be to add a sub station. Period.

No way the City is going to give up those tax dollars. The best solution would simply be to add a sub station. Period.

My favorite part: "Rosen isn't concerned about the mechanics of the process, says Edwards. 'You are letting the details get in the way. Harris is a John Kennedy-sort of visionary, who sees things as they might have been.'"

Praha & JRS are right, that side of Int'l Dr needs some serious beautification improvements. But I think the crime issue has more to do with the tenants on that portion of the strip than anything else. Denny's, 7-11's and $5 t-shirt shops attract a different crowd than some of the nicer establishments south of Sand Lake Rd. De-annexing from the city isn't going to change the tenant quality.

It's one thing for Rosen to be an a$$, but now he is being a jacka$$ in public.

Even I personally do not agree with some Mr. Rosen stance (or taste)....he is a decent man and have donated millions to our city. I personally tutor his kids, and speaks with him often. As wealthy as he is, he doesnt spoil his kids (or on himself for that matter).

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/03/an_amazing_stor.html

Even I personally do not agree with some Mr. Rosen stance (or taste)....he is a decent man and have donated millions to our city. I personally tutor his kids, and speaks with him often. As wealthy as he is, he doesnt spoil his kids (or on himself for that matter).

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/03/an_amazing_stor.html

Yeah, whatever... :offtopic:

Rosen is at it again!

Rosen should hire his own police force he has enough money iam tired of him and his antics

Rosen should hire his own police force he has enough money iam tired of him and his antics

This makes me chuckle. He's a capitalist by nature - in essence, he's forcing the city and county to make bids against each other. However this pans out should provide the best police support for this side of I-Drive - even if this is just a kick in the butt for the city to up their services. Logical move for a businessman who has general grievances against government overstepping their lines.