Construction Thread- Star Tower

bic

JRS1 is right. I forgot, I saw that too. The last elevated slab they pured is too thick just to seperate the penthouse from the other floors. This is definetly the parapet.

It's better to wait and see then to continually make definitive statements and retract them later when the slightest bit of doubt arises.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen, PLEASE!

if this forum isn't a vehicle for speculation and insight, then I don't know what is.

all I know is that when driving on 408 towards DT from the east, Star is very noticeable and offers a lot of depth to the skyline- even at it's current sub-200' height.

Gentlemen, PLEASE!

if this forum isn't a vehicle for speculation and insight, then I don't know what is.

all I know is that when driving on 408 towards DT from the east, Star is very noticeable and offers a lot of depth to the skyline- even at it's current sub-200' height.

I agree. The affect will be a lot greater when they add glass and (hopefully) light the parapet. Great infill project.

I agree. The affect will be a lot greater when they add glass and (hopefully) light the parapet. Great infill project.

What excites me most about the Star topping off is that it is the prelude to the announcement of Main & Main or M&M. WWKD (What Will Kodsi Do). I hope the big chill does postpone this. In all his recent interviews he says units downtown are still selling.

if they do if fact light that parapet, which, it seems like they would just based on it being there, then this bldg. might rival or surpass the CNL bldgs. w/re to nighttime lighting effect. it really would make the 408 view of DT bigtime.

are there any nighttime renderings of Star?

Star is looking good from 408 (see my comments in the Vue thread). It's funny, b/c I just realized that Eola Place will be like 3-4 times as massive and will be even more visible from 408-- that is, if it gets built. It will be before Star from that view.

I sound like a broken record player, but here it goes again:

Star looks real good from 408 when looking west towards DT. It makes a nice foreground to the Suntrust-- actually- the view is better when heading east and looking in the rear-view mirror (b/c you are more south and the trees don't block your view as much).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived