Construction Thread- Star Tower

bic

You guys are probably right, I too imagine they will leave both cranes up. Not only do they have the 18th and the roof ornamentation, but also all of the glass curtainwall along with any precast.

Speaking of the rooftop, I am excited to see how they end up lighting it up. It is extremely open and I think it could contain a nice lighting scheme that, if done correctly, would look great from around the building and would be subtlly noticed even to those living in the top floors.

This building was another example of a project that looked squat in the renderings and massive in person. Cant wait to see some glass!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is 18 the final floor or is it the decorative parapet? Regardless the final height suprised me.

If I counted right they are pouring the roof of 18 which would be the final level. The only thing left to erect above that would be the parapet. I, obviously, cannot see how they are going to incorporate the pool into the final level. Need a flyover shot.

If I counted right they are pouring the roof of 18 which would be the final level. The only thing left to erect above that would be the parapet. I, obviously, cannot see how they are going to incorporate the pool into the final level. Need a flyover shot.

from the looks of it, this thing will be another 2 levels tall or so and be at least Sanctuary's height, given the perspective from I-4 heading west around Princeton.

You just pissed off half of the people from this forum by saying that. J/k

Sorry, hmm... maybe they can come and sweep the construction dust off my walkway then :D

While it lasts, other views of what I can still see of downtown

218522996_8c26d50fc1_o.jpg

218526242_49d032221e_o.jpg

actually, if Eola Place gets built, the only perspective available will be of wall. that's a roof shot, so the units don't look towards the NW anyway.

If it gets built I'll have a front row seat for the construction but my main view will be uneffected.

So I just got back into town and figured I would take a quick stroll through downtown.

Star Tower looks good. It appears that they have infact topped out and are pouring the decorative top. Its another one of these buildngs though that other than the shell just don't seem to be progressing fast.

From the south tower of Premiere Trade

post-4107-1156454341_thumb.jpg

Wow, thats a great picture. It must be such a strange feeling operating those cranes all day long and being so high up. The Brownstones look dwarfed in comparison. I like the perspective too, all the way back to the steam stacks out by Alafaya.

Star Tower looks good. It appears that they have infact topped out and are pouring the decorative top. Its another one of these buildngs though that other than the shell just don't seem to be progressing fast.

I believe that's actually the penthouse level. It has higher ceilings.

Im confused. Is this thing the parapet then or not? 18 floors is 18 floors. Technically the south side of the 6th floor parking deck is being framed out. Those could be made into liveable units although I imagine they are mechanical rooms.

If this is the top floor then great that means we get another massive floor (parapet) on top of this one, that would be great. But it just doesnt look like thats the case.

I believe that's actually the penthouse level. It has higher ceilings.

I don't think so. the floor plate there now is thicker than the others, or at least the edge is, just like in the diagrams depicting the rooftop level. But, I could be wrong-- would like to see it go up even further.

Im confused. Is this thing the parapet then or not? 18 floors is 18 floors. Technically the south side of the 6th floor parking deck is being framed out. Those could be made into liveable units although I imagine they are mechanical rooms.

If this is the top floor then great that means we get another massive floor (parapet) on top of this one, that would be great. But it just doesnt look like thats the case.

Yeah I'm a little confused too. I thought I counted 18 in my earlier post but it look like they are building another floor. Isn't there supposed to be a pool on the top level? I wonder if that's the structure on the center-right from the Premier-Trade perspective?

Archived