Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

They own Michigan st (both sides save McDonalds) down to college and all of Barclay (football field).  They're prob good on expansion space. A new Emergency was/is being planned for the football field space.  West of Coit in Belknap will stay residential per the NA. East of Lafayette GVSU owns entirely over to College and I think south to the tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Khorasaurus1 said:

My guess is this view will look very different by 2030, if not sooner. It feels like it's sitting and waiting for inevitable development, kind of like parts of Atlanta or other fast growing cities. 

Maybe I'm greedy, but I'm kinda disappointed they didn't just combine all the buildings, or at least two, at the old GR Press site. Instead of having two 7 story buildings, why not just one 15 story building? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like 315 Michigan St. (the middle of the 3 houses west of Jimmy Johns) has been demolished.  Honestly surprised these three houses are still there. I'm sure the land is worth a bunch. But if one home is all that is going down, It may be likely some new tall and thin modern housing development.

Or maybe just the first of the three to go down before eventually they all come down, and the properties get combined and something more substantial goes up.

• Like 2

Nothing much has changed. Just a new perspective. I can't help but wonder if the lot/old house that's kitty corner to this will be developed soon. I'd really like to see housing there for a cohesive intersection, but I'm sure it's going to be related to the medical.

PXL_20230921_142150074.jpg

Edited by Cookin_peacocks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DeVos family has planned an announcement for a “transformational gift for children’s healthcare” on Monday, Feb 19. Will be interesting to see what’s planned and seems to involve Corewell, Mary Freebed and Pine Rest.   

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2024/02/devos-family-foundation-to-announce-transformational-gift-for-childrens-health-care.html

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, joeDowntown said:

The DeVos family has planned an announcement for a “transformational gift for children’s healthcare” on Monday, Feb 19. Will be interesting to see what’s planned and seems to involve Corewell, Mary Freebed and Pine Rest.   

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2024/02/devos-family-foundation-to-announce-transformational-gift-for-childrens-health-care.html

https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/health-care/devos-family-donates-50m-to-3-grand-rapids-area-pediatric-projects/