Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

19 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

A couple from the other side of the highway

D4BBCD6C-B753-4A1F-A267-9B2F340DD85E.jpeg

AA905C13-F13B-4E34-A7E2-E8F72B8FE6AC.jpeg

Surprisingly you can see that crane from all over the city. I even saw it from 196 out by the Beltline. I think it's because it's on the hill vs down in the valley where most of downtown and Monroe North lie. 

Will there be a tower crane for the new Spectrum ramp? 

21 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

The crane on the hill has to be the hightest vantage point in west Michigan. 

Makes me wonder how far can the operator actually see from there and how far can the crane be seen. I know DT GR on a clear day is visible from Holland Twp., on the highway, so maybe this might get a glimpse of the lakeshore(?) From that high up.

That would be cool to see. Plus I think this crane is not at full height yet. Doesn't seem high enough for a 12 story building. 

On 9/2/2022 at 12:52 PM, GR_Urbanist said:

The crane on the hill has to be the hightest vantage point in west Michigan. 

Makes me wonder how far can the operator actually see from there and how far can the crane be seen. I know DT GR on a clear day is visible from Holland Twp., on the highway, so maybe this might get a glimpse of the lakeshore(?) From that high up.

I heard in the past you can see the lake from the penthouses at River House.  I have no idea  if that is true or not though...

On 9/3/2022 at 4:55 PM, Jonesey said:

I heard in the past you can see the lake from the penthouses at River House.  I have no idea  if that is true or not though...

No, you can't see the lake. But you can see small mounds on the horizon that I think are tree-covered sand dunes near Grand Haven.  At least, I've never seen the lake from the couple of times I've been in one of the penthouses. 

I saw this crane from 131 way up in Comstock Park area coming South. Crazy. lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here's the view from above:  https://share.earthcam.net/tJ90CoLmq7TzrY396Yd88O52QXhiLCQAXVvNU8XnQrQ!/spectrum_new_ambulatory_care_building/camera/panorama

From my count only one more story on the tallest stair/elevator shaft (except maybe to the roof). It also looks like part of the building will be built on top of the existing ramp?  Will we get 12 stories all along Lafayette?  I really like the mass of this building, one of the few times I'm not mad about 12 stories.

I really hope/think this will be the minimum height for future Spectrum projects.  They already own most of the (underutilized) properties in this area, but really the only option for expansion would be in Belknap

• Like 4