Introduce Yourself

Mith242

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i have read this forum several times and have finally joined, im from florida but my family is from arkansas. My fathers family is in the Helena/Marianna area in the eastern part of the state. My mothers family is from NW Ark in and around Fayetteville/Sprindale/Huntsville. I am initially from Little Rock but have lived in Florida for the vast majority of my life. I visit ark about once a year and plan to return this summer. In the future my parents plan to relocate to the bella vista area to retire lol. I look forward to learning more about my home state and hopefully i can share some interesting insight from an outsiders perspective.

Hello everyone, i have read this forum several times and have finally joined, im from florida but my family is from arkansas. My fathers family is in the Helena/Marianna area in the eastern part of the state. My mothers family is from NW Ark in and around Fayetteville/Sprindale/Huntsville. I am initially from Little Rock but have lived in Florida for the vast majority of my life. I visit ark about once a year and plan to return this summer. In the future my parents plan to relocate to the bella vista area to retire lol. I look forward to learning more about my home state and hopefully i can share some interesting insight from an outsiders perspective.

Yeah welcome to the forum, vbfl85. Just ask if you have any questions and we'll try to help you learn more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all. I'm living in Florida, but might be moving to Jonesboro. Anybody there who can give me some advice on the area? I hear Jonesboro is growing and is a beautiful area.

Welcome to the forum. I'll see if I can bump up a Jonesboro topic and see if we can get some of our forumers to post a little info for you. I've never been there myself so I can't give you too much info. It does seem to be growing and is becoming a regional draw for that area. I believe it's located on Crowley's Ridge which provides a few hills for that area the rest of eastern Arkansas is rather flat.

To all Arkansan Forumers!!!

To let all Arkansan Forumers know, I have voluntarily stepped down my Moderator position. Currently, I have a few personal problems that must be tended to, as well as several large projects at work. I hope to be back on staff someday, but I can't gurantee anything. I hope you all can understand my reasons for leaving. Thankyou all for the great opportunities you have given me.

Matt

Mcheiss, you've done a great job. It's totally understandable, as moderating is a very-time consuming task. I would be too busy for such a task as well.

I think Mith would make a great moderator. He seems to generate a lot of the discussions around here anyhow. :-)

Mcheiss, you've done a great job. It's totally understandable, as moderating is a very-time consuming task. I would be too busy for such a task as well.

I think Mith would make a great moderator. He seems to generate a lot of the discussions around here anyhow. :-)

I also agree, you've done a good job Matt. Sorry things have come up and you haven't been able to spend more time here. I'm hoping you'll still manage to stop by now and then and check us out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Coming back to Arkansas, specifically Little Rock, in one year is looking more and more likely for me. Stay tuned.

Cool, it will be interesting to have you back in the state. Then you'll have an even easier time keeping up with what's going on in the state. :D

• 1 month later...