Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

Rogers isn't large by Metro standards, but the school board would rather have the student to teacher ratio lower so that all students have an equal opportunity to learn. That's why Rogers is going to two high schools in 2008. The entire schoolboard was actually wanting to make the school one large school with two large campuses, untill they realized all the problems associated with the two campuses.

Is is true they're segregating all of the immigrants into one of the schools? I'd heard that from my brother who lives in Rogers and is a Mountie alum.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is is true they're segregating all of the immigrants into one of the schools? I'd heard that from my brother who lives in Rogers and is a Mountie alum.

Well, the boundries for the new High School fall really into all the hispanic portions of Rogers along with the lower income homes. There's still some nice neighborhoods that fall into the new boundries, but the remaining Rogers High School will have all the nice rich neighborhoods along with the average middle class people.

Well, the boundries for the new High School fall really into all the hispanic portions of Rogers along with the lower income homes. There's still some nice neighborhoods that fall into the new boundries, but the remaining Rogers High School will have all the nice rich neighborhoods along with the average middle class people.

Do you think there could be a complicated problem where they'll have to bus people further away to keep both schools more equal?

Do you think there could be a complicated problem where they'll have to bus people further away to keep both schools more equal?

There probably will be.

A lot of parents are already throwing a fit about it over here not wanting to go to the new school because it their other children went to the current high school.

They actually mentioned this on the local news up here. The possibility of Springdale being able to play for a 'national championship'. Supposedly Lakeland a highly ranked team in Florida is willing to play Springdale to play for a national championship. Although of course this would be argueable, becauase of variances in rankings. I have seen Lakeland ranked #1 in one poll. But I've also seen them #8 in another with Springdale #3. I really don't know how likely this could possibly occur. The only other thing mentioned was a date for around two weeks at an undetermined location. It would be interesting to see how they could do with another serious powerhouse team in the nation. They easily beat one of the best teams in both Oklahoma and Lousiana earlier this year. But I don't think either are powerhouses nationally, at least this year.

They actually mentioned this on the local news up here. The possibility of Springdale being able to play for a 'national championship'. Supposedly Lakeland a highly ranked team in Florida is willing to play Springdale to play for a national championship. Although of course this would be argueable, becauase of variances in rankings. I have seen Lakeland ranked #1 in one poll. But I've also seen them #8 in another with Springdale #3. I really don't know how likely this could possibly occur. The only other thing mentioned was a date for around two weeks at an undetermined location. It would be interesting to see how they could do with another serious powerhouse team in the nation. They easily beat one of the best teams in both Oklahoma and Lousiana earlier this year. But I don't think either are powerhouses nationally, at least this year.

That's been floating around today. I don't know why a team that finished #1 would be willing to play another team and risk losing that title if they don't have to. Southlake Carroll is rated #1 in a lot of polls, they beat #5 Plano in Texas Stadium this weekend in front of 35k in the Texas AAAAA semis.

Also, Mitch Mustain was named Gatorade Nat'l HS Player of the Year.

That's been floating around today. I don't know why a team that finished #1 would be willing to play another team and risk losing that title if they don't have to. Southlake Carroll is rated #1 in a lot of polls, they beat #5 Plano in Texas Stadium this weekend in front of 35k in the Texas AAAAA semis.

Also, Mitch Mustain was named Gatorade Nat'l HS Player of the Year.

Yeah I think part of it is due to the fact they aren't #1 in many polls I've seen. Like I said I saw one poll and Springdale was a bit higher than them. I hadn't heard about Mitch Mustain being Gatorade's Player of the Year, it's a great honor. I'm really excited to see what he can do for the Razorbacks.

Yeah I think part of it is due to the fact they aren't #1 in many polls I've seen. Like I said I saw one poll and Springdale was a bit higher than them. I hadn't heard about Mitch Mustain being Gatorade's Player of the Year, it's a great honor. I'm really excited to see what he can do for the Razorbacks.

I just hope and pray he doesn't come to his senses and go elsewhere.

I just hope and pray he doesn't come to his senses and go elsewhere.

Yeah, I'm hoping he's wanting to help turn the program around. I think having Malzahn there on the staff will be a big help keeping him there. That and maybe Malzahn can show Nutt how to use a quarterback.

Don't know if you heard the news yet but Mustain decommitted.

Well I hadn't at the time. Of course I'm not sure what been rumors and what's been truth from all I've heard today. I thought maybe having Malzahn would help keep him here but maybe not. I'm not sure if he's unsure because of the assistant coaching changes or if he's wondering whether Nutt will utilize him very well. I don't think Nutt has used quarterback talent very well. Maybe enough people mentioned that to him and now he's reconsidering. Who knows maybe he said that just to keep all of the local people from bothering him during the Springdale football season.

Well I hadn't at the time. Of course I'm not sure what been rumors and what's been truth from all I've heard today. I thought maybe having Malzahn would help keep him here but maybe not. I'm not sure if he's unsure because of the assistant coaching changes or if he's wondering whether Nutt will utilize him very well. I don't think Nutt has used quarterback talent very well. Maybe enough people mentioned that to him and now he's reconsidering. Who knows maybe he said that just to keep all of the local people from bothering him during the Springdale football season.

All's not yet, stay tuned. The UA offensive coordinator situation will have to resolve itself soon. As much as I'd like to see that fixed by canning the current one completely, it probably won't. We'll see what becomes of this team meeting and press conf this afternoon.

KNWA is reporting that he has withdrawn his commitment but hasn't eliminated Arkansas from his list of options. He is re-examinining all of his options. They of course also reported that Nutt's job doesn't lie on whether Mustain becomes a Razorback or not. They also reported for everyone to take a deep breath and wait to see how all of this plays out.

KNWA is reporting that he has withdrawn his commitment but hasn't eliminated Arkansas from his list of options. He is re-examinining all of his options. They of course also reported that Nutt's job doesn't lie on whether Mustain becomes a Razorback or not. They also reported for everyone to take a deep breath and wait to see how all of this plays out.

Obviously a lot depends on who we hire as our new OC and QBs coach. Nutt should've called and explained Wittke's firing.

Obviously a lot depends on who we hire as our new OC and QBs coach. Nutt should've called and explained Wittke's firing.

Yeah, they shouldn't have just taken him for granted. You'd think they made a little more effort considering how highly rated he is in the nation. I don't know if they thought that since he was local that he'd automatically come here and stay no matter what.

Yeah, they shouldn't have just taken him for granted. You'd think they made a little more effort considering how highly rated he is in the nation. I don't know if they thought that since he was local that he'd automatically come here and stay no matter what.

They shouldn't have with 3 of his 4 highly recruited teammates headed well out of state.

They shouldn't have with 3 of his 4 highly recruited teammates headed well out of state.

You have to wonder if Mustain does leave if the last one left here is going to take off elsewhere too. Pretty sad if we end up with no one from the Springdale 5.

If you believe the latest, everyone we wanted has turned us down for the OC spot because Nutt wouldn't give up the reins. Wittke's firing upset the Mustains, so Nutt hopes to remedy it by bringing in Malzahn. Now that Malzahn is more important to sign, he's demanding a multiyear contract to take the OC job.

I'm still hoping and praying for a coup.

If you believe the latest, everyone we wanted has turned us down for the OC spot because Nutt wouldn't give up the reins. Wittke's firing upset the Mustains, so Nutt hopes to remedy it by bringing in Malzahn. Now that Malzahn is more important to sign, he's demanding a multiyear contract to take the OC job.

I'm still hoping and praying for a coup.

I've even heard rumors now that Malzahn could have another job lined up now. I'm not placing much faith in it yet but it certainly doesn't look like things are going well for the Razorback program.

I've even heard rumors now that Malzahn could have another job lined up now. I'm not placing much faith in it yet but it certainly doesn't look like things are going well for the Razorback program.

I heard the same but the OC job is probably a carrot too big to turn down, I think, though I strongly disagree with taking a HS coach and making him the OC at a major conference school without acclimating by learning OC at a smaller school or working his way up from QB or WRs coach. I'm all for making him QB coach or WRs coach, though I'm not sure firing Wittke to do so was a great idea.

I heard the same but the OC job is probably a carrot too big to turn down, I think, though I strongly disagree with taking a HS coach and making him the OC at a major conference school without acclimating by learning OC at a smaller school or working his way up from QB or WRs coach. I'm all for making him QB coach or WRs coach, though I'm not sure firing Wittke to do so was a great idea.

I had heard stuff a while back ago before this big mess started about Malzahn being WR coach and possible co-OC. I think that sounds okay to me, but I'm like you I'd rather have someone with a little experiance before you throw in a high school coach as OC. Co-OC with someone else who has some experiance sounds like a better idea to me.

Archived